• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    How was the first episode? I didn't watch it, but the previews made it look a little overly dramatic. I kind of liked that show they had about hiking through Alaska ("Out of the wild", I think).

indysafe317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Indy South Side
    Actually, it was very interesting. Could very well happen in a city environment. What the show lacks so far is the reality of firearms and how hostile I think bands of people would actually be but it does hit on some great points. It talked about making a 55 gallon system with sand and charcoal which I thought was appropriate and the need for security and power. I have some hope for the show. I think they will hit on some great things to think about

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    May sound stupid, but does anyone think this is the governments idea to see how smart the general public is in case everyone nukes each other.

GBultra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2009
    The show is a good show to watch. But, they are not in L.A. Proper either. It is afterall, just a TV show.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I think it'll be a somewhat interesting show, but my turn more into "what can we build with stuff we find laying around".

If anything, I hope it gets people thinking and preparing a little, even if they think about tornado/snowstorm/no power preparedness.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I think it's a good show but not for the "survival" aspect i.e. scavenging for food and materials obvious planted, but the emotional and psychological aspect of those guys being together and having to work together that is all too real.

hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas
    Finally watched it last night and they need to get their a..es in gear and get to securing themselves and more food.

I will say, the woman doesnt seem to understand some survival type things i am into, but when I watched this she actually sat down and watched and asked some questions that were pretty good. I think the reality TV type setup and the emotional side will allow us to share watching this and both enjoy it.

It is definitely an interesting concept.

Scarnucci

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    IN
    I caught the re-run on Saturday.

I'm sure that it is difficult to suspend reality in this situation, because you KNOW you are still just on a TV show. But when they were "looting" the department store and some thugs walked in and stole their goodies...they didnt seem to put up much of a fight. I wonder how much leeway they have. I like to think that I wouldn't just hand over my bag of food without much of a struggle.

Is that water filtration system reliable? They were running some straight up toxic soup through that garbage can filter. Water is one of my achilles heels. I can store about two weeks worth at home, after that, its off to my rain barrel or the White River. (I live north of Indy, though I wonder if that matters much)

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    It's on now, I'd never seen the Gasifier stove, learned something useful tonight.
    They were popular during WWII (or maybe it was the depression) I believe, when fuel was scarce and expensive. They're really tough to get working well. Ideally, the gas will come out almost perfectly clear. The smoky looking gas you see coming out in the show will eventually gum/soot up their engine (as you could see the soot on the top of the barrel when they tried it the first time). There are several publications out there that outline how to make one (a better one even).

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    May sound stupid, but does anyone think this is the governments idea to see how smart the general public is in case everyone nukes each other.

I am sure they wonder, at least somewhere...... problem is that the people of the show don't really represent "the general public" in the sense that they are people from different walks of life..... like a series of Lone Survivors magically meeting up with each other. Myself, I would assume that if SHTF, folks from the same group would stick together..... these folks are all strangers - and not a one has a gun (thanks, Kalifornia). I know that if it were me, I would make my way OUT of that shiite hole, and head for the state line - and get as much firepower together as I could! :ar15::D

Top Bottom