The best value in firearm and ammunition products.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gtrlspl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    South Bend
    In my never ending quest to find the best and newest items on the gun market I think I have may have found the best gun manufacturer in the entire world!

Welcome to Arms Corporation of the Philippines :: ARMSCOR :: Arms and Ammunition

They make "exact replicas of the famous U.S. Armalite M16 and Russian Kalashnikov AK47 assault rifle." http://www.armscor.com.ph/img/edited/riflem1600.jpg

They also make their own brand of "Armscor 1911 pistols are the top choice of police, military and competition shooters around the world -- a distinction of the perfectly designed handgun."

I feel like these guys really got their stuff together and I highly suggest you check them out if you consider yourself a serious marksmen. Does anyone know of anywhere locally where I can buy these fine products? :D

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Rock Island (Armscor) 1911's are a great value for the money. And Ivan, the customer service manager, is top notch. I've owned and do own several RIA 1911's and have been more than happy with each of them.

gtrlspl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    South Bend
    Of course, the "military style" .22s are kind of odd looking. Looks like they were going for simplest, cheapest manufacture while aping the look of the rifles they are "based" on.

Seriously - i think there was some major snark-fail in the OP.

Yep the Rock Island 1911s by Armscor are a great value.

I agree the Rock Island 1911s by Armscor are a great value for someone looking for a entry 1911 pistol and yes I was being snarky, but it has less to do with the product and more to do with the website. Really go to the site and poke around a bit.

The wording of their website is very misleading. For example those 1911s that are a great value are claimed to be "the top choice of police, military and competition shooters around the world." I feel like Glock, Sig, Colt, S&W, etc. might take exception to this claim.

I also feel like when Armscor says, "Safe and easy to handle, the M1600 and MAK47/22 series are exact replicas of the famous U.S. Armalite M16 and Russian Kalashnikov AK47 assault rifle." they are also being misleading. While these rifles might be fun and easy to shoot .22lr, they are not "exact replicas."

exact (adj)
    1: exhibiting or marked by strict, particular, and complete accordance with fact or a standard
    2: marked by thorough consideration or minute measurement of small factual details

replica (noun)
    1: an exact reproduction (as of a painting) executed by the original artist
    2: a copy exact in all details

If these are exact replicas then Pontiac was building exact replicas of the Ferrari Testarossa when it built the Fiero.

I'm not even going to harp on the fact in the specs for their rifles they claim they are "Gauge: .22 LR."

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I bought a brick of Armscor .22 "precision" ammo, Let me preface this by saying I've owned 10/22's for over 20 years, and have very, very few ftf's or fte's with them, that said, I had more misfires from that batch of ammo in one day, then I did in the entire time I've owned 4 different 10/22's (that includes the mind fart time I bought a brick of .22 long, and fired it in one day, 4 FTF's) But.. I have heard great things about their guns, and want a 1911!

Top Bottom