• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Silvertree

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    To celebrate our upcoming baby (and to make one more toy purchase before I have to become all responsible) My wife just gave me a nice little sum of money ($2k) to spend on new firearms. I am torn between really tricking out my AR-15 with some premium parts or buying a nice bolt action tack driver and a high quality scope. Ah, what a good day. Although deciding won't be easy. Yes, my wife rules!

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    I personally unless this is already done in your house is buy the biggest safe I could. If it isn't full you'd have to fill it at some point right?

Congrats on the little one, if it is your first hold on tight your life is about to change big time.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Agreed buy a safe. Mine is more a metal locking cabanit then a safe, but keeps little fingers away. Also consider a small "gun vault" for the bedside and carry pistol. Oh and a light for any home defense guns.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I remember when I was in your boat 4 years ago. My wife was 9 months pregnant. I was at the 1500 thinking "Well, this is it. Better enjoy my last gun show splurge spree." I think I bought a G23, a GP100, and an M&P-15. Well long story short, it's 4 years later. We had child #2 last week, and I've bought more guns in the last 4 years than I did in the 10 years before my son was born. So you don't have to become TOTALLY responsible, just make sure your family is taken care of, then go nuts.

Oh, and if it was me I'd buy a Nighthawk 1911.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    quarters

They weren't all $1 bills were they?!? Just kidding, congrats on the bambino.

Shucks, for $2000 I'd buy a bolt w/scope and some minor bling for the AR. Accurate bolt gun and a good scope can be had for less than $1500 if one is careful.:yesway:
    I'd also second the suggestion on the safe. A good safe will add a little peace of mind that the short person you're about to add will tend to take away.:D
    I got rid of the wife. I'd have kept her if she was more like yours!

Top Bottom