• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    I gathered up all the spare change in my house, and I have more than expected. I'm 30% towards the purchase of my first Glock!

:rockwoot:

MikeBear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Brazil, IN
    I quite saving my spare change 30 years ago. That's when my girl friend (at the time) realized it was just enough for a down payment for a wedding ring. Now I have no money and a wife.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    My fiance and I have been saving our spare change for the last 2 years for "mad money" on our honeymoon coming up. We're almost up to $250, and that's not bad at all considering that neither of us really spends much cash on a day-to-day basis.

sgt.porter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Deleware County
    We are on a "dollars and cents savings program" We never spend any change or $1 bills. All of the $1 bills are stored away and used for emergency cash. All of the change is tossed in a bucket and used to buy Christmas presents. It's surprising how quickly it adds up when you force yourself not to touch it.

hodgdon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    GOOD THINKING,I HAVE BEEN SAVING CHANGE BUT NOT THE $ 1.00 BILLS THAT IS CHANGING THIS MIN. THANKS

dhdoug

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    hancock county
    yes its amazing how quick it adds up but also how much it ends up weighing...like 2-3yrs worth...baby see if the doctor will call in a script, been moving the spare change around again#%$#!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I save every year and give it to my church, but I never counted it. This year, I decided to get something for my wife and took the change to the bank and they would not take it. I thought they had the machine to count change, but they said I could go to Walmart. I used the Walmart coin machine and walked away with about $180. I'm not sure how much Walmart kept.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i do this for my daughters college fund. or at least to help out lol. she is 3 now and me and the wifey have managed to save up over 1k for her in almost just change alone. its sweet when you do it but watch the women as they tend to try and take coffee money and drink change out, then you have to yell lol

DCR

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Also have a 5-gal water jug, not quite full. Every 3-4 years I dump it out and roll up the quarters, usually about $400 worth. Always find a couple dimes oxidized together.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I save every year and give it to my church, but I never counted it. This year, I decided to get something for my wife and took the change to the bank and they would not take it. I thought they had the machine to count change, but they said I could go to Walmart. I used the Walmart coin machine and walked away with about $180. I'm not sure how much Walmart kept.
    A bank where you have an account? Most banks won't do it just for anybody, but if you have an account there and they won't do it for you then you need to get a different bank IMHO. My bank happily does it, and you don't even have to deposit it at the time; walk in with change and walk out with cash.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    warning!

Also have a 5-gal water jug, not quite full. Every 3-4 years I dump it out and roll up the quarters, usually about $400 worth. Always find a couple dimes oxidized together.
    Oh man! leave them alone. They're not oxidizing---they're mating! You could be rich!!!

84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    I'v been saving my change for a while, plan on putting towards some sort of firearm, depends on how much I save before i decide what to get. My ex girlfriend put a big dent in it when she decided to take all of my quarters for the laundry mat. Was upsetting then, even more now.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    our sons birthday is 4 days before Christmas which with all the normal giving it amounts to a lot. However we save all of our change starting 12/22 and we cash it in a week before the 21st. It usually adds up to $400-$500 which really helps.

D.B.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    Avon
    I got a change machine as a gift a couple of years ago. It will sort and roll the coins for you. I love it and can't walk by a coin without picking it up and feeding the machine. A narrow ammo box is perfect for the rolled coins.

Top Bottom