• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    SWEET! I've got that same gun. I only paid about $100 for mine... Im gonna put it in the classifieds and get three times what I paid for it!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It's an M44 but not listed as such. I'd say he has no idea what its value is, since he lists it by barrel length rather than model number and gives very little description. Given the relative scarcity of M44's, $150-$170 is about what I would expect it to go for, barring any sort of other collectible feature about it.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Jasper county
    The only things I see special about it is that it has a laminate stock and is a carbine version. The info given about it is very vauge so I am not really sure why the price is so high.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The info given about it is very vauge so I am not really sure why the price is so high.

I can only guess that he either pulled the number out of his butt, or searched GB for "mosin nagant" and averaged the prices he saw, which would include many examples actually worth that much.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I don't know if the "na" he has in the serial number is actually part of the #...or if he just put "NA" as in not-available...

But S/N 5588, on an M-44 MIGHT (And I mean "might" depending on what that "na" means) mean a 1944 model M-44.

Given the author of the auction, however, I doubt it.

A 1944 M-44 wouldn't be that high anyhow.

-J-

jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN
    Gave $50 for my M44, no import marks, perfect dark walnut stock, and I still wouldn't ask more than $125 for if I did get rid of it, which I won't. That guy needs to quit smokin up all his profit!!

RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    Saw this on gunbroker, can anyone tell me why this guy wants $350 for what looks like a run of the mill Mosin Nagant? :D

Mosin Nagant : Bolt Action at GunBroker.com

I dont see anything wrong with huge buy it now prices, just in case there is a bidding war between collectors looking for a specific gun. the reserve price is where the greed is indicated. after all, dont we all look to get as much as possible out of an auction? I mean that is those of us who dont have tons of money....

mrussel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    I dont see anything wrong with huge buy it now prices, just in case there is a bidding war between collectors looking for a specific gun. the reserve price is where the greed is indicated. after all, dont we all look to get as much as possible out of an auction? I mean that is those of us who dont have tons of money....

I agree. I allways set buy it nows high. Not that high though. The idea is,if someone really wants it,then they can take it,otherwise,let the bidding go.

Top Bottom