The 2017 General Salma Hayek discussion thread...Part 3!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Seems like the Martha Stewart situation all over again. You aren't charged for anything you did before the encountering the "justice system". The crime is making misstatements to the justice system.

A misstatement in one thing, and lie quite another.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So what if Kushner directed Flynn to contact the Russians (and many other foreign government as well)? Isn't that part of the job description?

And this direction was done AFTER the election so claims that Trump and the Russians colluded to swing the election still have zero basis in fact as far as I have seen.

And Flynn is pleading guilty to lying to the FBI. Big deal. Didn't Hillary do that repeatedly in regards to her private email server and mishandling of classified information?

It is all a big nothing burger. The real criminality with regard to the Russians resides in the Clinton Foundation and the Podesta Group. Follow the $$$$$

No, because he didn't have that job at the time. That's illegal.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't put "forced wet kisses" and fanny groping in the same category as penetration with a penis or finger digit. That may be too old school for some of you, but it just doesn't rise (pun not intended) to the level of a major sex crime.

So, it's nothing I really want to debate, but that is where I would be if in the jury pool. And it doesn't really cut across political parties or gender.

A unwanted wet kiss may be disgusting, but I don't consider it a sex crime, democrat/republican/gay/lesbian/seaotter

You forgot 'cigar'

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    [video=youtube;RRSxw2KKYVE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRSxw2KKYVE[/video]
    2na06t4.jpg

Must have done 1/11th of what Clinton did. The irony is just too good to not reference.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Gotta be impressed by mueller.

you want trump, but you can't find anything. So you track down Flynn's kid and threaten him, get Flynn to cooperate, then maybe back your way into something on trump

sure sounds like justice to me. Eye roll. So to be clear, no one since the 1790s in an incoming administration has talked to key players in preparation for leading? But trump is supposed to have and he'll be the first one in the history of our country to be prosecuted for it? Despite the law applying to average citizens, which trump clearly was not as elected incoming president.

Trump 2020 :rockwoot:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

you want trump, but you can't find anything. So you track down Flynn's kid and threaten him, get Flynn to cooperate, then maybe back your way into something on trump

sure sounds like justice to me. Eye roll. So to be clear, no one since the 1790s in an incoming administration has talked to key players in preparation for leading? But trump is supposed to have and he'll be the first one in the history of our country to be prosecuted for it? Despite the law applying to average citizens, which trump clearly was not as elected incoming president.

There was nothing wrong with the incoming national-security adviser’s having meetings with foreign counterparts or discussing such matters as the sanctions in those meetings. Plus, if the FBI had FISA recordings of Flynn’s conversations with Kislyak, there was no need to ask Flynn what the conversations entailed.

Keep your mouth shut and don't get out of the boat!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    he just lied and that is it.....no Russia Russia Russia....

IANAL but I found the part about needing to get the indictee whose testimony you wish to [STRIKE]suborn[/STRIKE] 'encourage' to plead to aspects of the conspiracy you are trying to establish to be telling

My money is still on "no there there"

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I do not use the word conflate because it is overused by Cornel West, et al.

You need to get a better word, or you might lose your conservative credentials.

As to Kushner......well, I think he clearly was a neophyte and may not have the depth to understand that which might be within the law for business purposes and that which violates law for political or government purposes.

Said differently, what did a rich real estate developer really know about the U.S Code or regulations in 2016?

As all the Trump fans lauded Trump for not being a politician, I think it’s actually a handicap. Government policy making isn’t the same as business.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Who knows?... what we do know, is that no one else got caught. Where does it say that the law only applies to the "average citizen?" Just because someone doesn't like a possible outcome doesn't mean that we can start making up to whom the law applies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Who knows?... what we do know, is that no one else got caught. Where does it say that the law only applies to the "average citizen?" Just because someone doesn't like a possible outcome doesn't mean that we can start making up to whom the law applies.
    No one has ever been convicted of violating the Logan act, as far as I know. I suspect no one in the Trump admin will be either. Dude didn’t plead to violating the Logan act. He plead guilty to lying to the FBI.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No one has ever been convicted of violating the Logan act, as far as I know. I suspect no one in the Trump admin will be either. Dude didn’t plead to violating the Logan act. He plead guilty to lying to the FBI.

Right. I suspect that a violation of the Logan Act is the least of their worries. What seems probable is that Mueller had enough on Flynn to flip him, and that the information he will provide will likely lead to a larger crook.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

About violating the Logan act...

honestly the Logan act needs to be repealed. Or challenged at the Supreme Court. Flynn was acting as incoming administration to avoid damage caused by Obama. Ooh, collusion :runaway: :rofl:

No boat to get get out of alpo. Flynn was hated by Obama and was fired by him. Obama told trump to not hire Flynn again. Trump did and now obama's lap dog is going after Flynn. How independent of this counsel. Eye roll smiley.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom