The 2017 General Salma Hayek discussion thread...Part 3!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And thus tolls the bell in the general decline of the United States from the shining city on the hill to a fond memory.

I thought GHWB's "shining city" speech was mostly uppity hot air. But at least those days weren't as politically contentious. At least I knew where I'm supposed to pee.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Speaking of High School education. I read that, 2 other Hemingways, Melville and Hawthorne in my senior year. You don't see much of that kind of a reading list any more.

I thought that was Metallica.

I didn't do the Melville, my teacher didn't like Billy Budd. We did a couple of others instead. But on the bright side, I did learn about Thomas More in the trade. How does that work, by the way? Is it Saint Sir or Sir Saint?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by Kutnupe14
    Private citizens negotiating with foreign nations, undermining the govt's position?

You had better let your good buddy obama know.......

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...scussion/445930-obama-meet-world-leaders.html

Obama to meet with world leaders in China, India

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Its being speculated that Jared Kushner is the "Very Senior" Trump Transition member who told Flynn to contact the foreign nations. If this is true, does Trump risk his presidency with a pardon?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah, the article is on point: Flynn's guilt in no way implicates President Trump.

Now for the kids.......
    Don’t conflate issues. An administration elect talking to foreign countries to adopt certain policies before taking power is not the same story as the Russian collusion. You guys are going to get your rocks off too early and then if there ever is any proof of collusion you’ll have nothing left in the tank, so to speak.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Don’t conflate issues. An administration elect talking to foreign countries to adopt certain policies before taking power is not the same story as the Russian collusion. You guys are going to get your rocks off too early and then if there ever is any proof of collusion you’ll have nothing left in the tank, so to speak.

I do not use the word conflate because it is overused by Cornel West, et al.

You need to get a better word, or you might lose your conservative credentials.

As to Kushner......well, I think he clearly was a neophyte and may not have the depth to understand that which might be within the law for business purposes and that which violates law for political or government purposes.

Said differently, what did a rich real estate developer really know about the U.S Code or regulations in 2016?

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    try a little farther right article...

bloomturd says nothing about that...

Trump directed Flynn as well as McFarland during that period to contact the Russians -- while also directing the team to contact 12 other countries.

Michael Flynn pleads guilty to false-statements charge in Russia probe | Fox News

From my article:
    This was the context of Kushner's instruction to Flynn last December. One transition official at the time said Kushner called Flynn to tell him he needed to get every foreign minister or ambassador from a country on the U.N. Security Council to delay or vote against the resolution.

From your article (with the sentence just prior to the portion you quoted):
    NBC News has reported the “very senior” official was Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner.
    President Trump himself also was said to be involved in directing outreach to other countries. A former senior intelligence officer with knowledge of Trump transition activities told Fox News on Friday that then-President-elect Trump directed Flynn as well as McFarland during that period to contact the Russians -- while also directing the team to contact 12 other countries.

My original statement:
    Its being speculated that Jared Kushner is the "Very Senior" Trump Transition member who told Flynn to contact the foreign nations. If this is true, does Trump risk his presidency with a pardon?

I'm missing the issue. My link say Kushner was the guy. You link says Kushner was the guy. You link goes on to say "ALSO" which I take to mean the president "also" gave the directive. :dunno:

Did I use the word speculate wrong or something, or is this just a pushback because the speculation is unpopular in these parts?

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    So what if Kushner directed Flynn to contact the Russians (and many other foreign government as well)? Isn't that part of the job description?

And this direction was done AFTER the election so claims that Trump and the Russians colluded to swing the election still have zero basis in fact as far as I have seen.

And Flynn is pleading guilty to lying to the FBI. Big deal. Didn't Hillary do that repeatedly in regards to her private email server and mishandling of classified information?

It is all a big nothing burger. The real criminality with regard to the Russians resides in the Clinton Foundation and the Podesta Group. Follow the $$$$$

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom