The 2017 General Salma Hayek discussion thread...Part 3!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Well. I don't know if I'd call GWB a tyrant. Crony, yes. Tyrant, not so much. Trump? Well. If he does what he spoke about in his highly authoritarian acceptance speech, he could be.

But anyway. Do you think Obama WASN'T incompetent?

The Patriot act moved the needle toward tyranny. I think Cheney would have scrapped the constitution and established himself as Global Emperor if he could have.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    When was that??? I myself have referred to him as a horrible president.

You really did get defensive quite a number of times, and it wasn't just when people were saying dumb stuff about BHO.

Therein lies the dilemma. I don't remember you saying it, but you'd be hard pressed to prove otherwise. I don't put much stock in people's memories, and when people level a claim against someone, it would be nice to have hard proof to back it up. I get called on a lot a stuff based on people's bad memories. Not to long ago, I served a helping of crow to someone who made such a claim, after looking through hundreds of pages of posts, just prove a point. When confronted with their mistake, I didn't even get an apology for misrepresentation.... I know no one remembers that instance, probably, but it happened.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I think an important characteristic of anyone in power is the ability AT TIMES to show a bit of humility. To recognize that they are human. Obama had that ability. So did George W and his dad. Ronnie, and Ford. Clinton empathised, but did it so often that it become less believable.

What Trump shows the utter lack of is any vestige of humility. And that is a DEADLY sin for any leader. The hounds are always after the man at the top, but Trump set them loose and hung raw meat out for them. He deserves what he wrought....whatever that may be.

There is also an apparent lack of having people in the room at least as smart as you. His children don't have the independence...or the depth to bring to the roles given them.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The Patriot act moved the needle toward tyranny. I think Cheney would have scrapped the constitution and established himself as Global Emperor if he could have.

"I accept your logic; we are on the same side."

General Kalani

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Therein lies the dilemma. I don't remember you saying it, but you'd be hard pressed to prove otherwise. I don't put much stock in people's memories, and when people level a claim against someone, it would be nice to have hard proof to back it up. I get called on a lot a stuff based on people's bad memories. Not to long ago, I served a helping of crow to someone who made such a claim, after looking through hundreds of pages of posts, just prove a point. When confronted with their mistake, I didn't even get an apology for misrepresentation.... I know no one remembers that instance, probably, but it happened.

Not much of a dilemma. I can see myself saying it. I know what you are saying, but you do have a blind spot on this one.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think an important characteristic of anyone in power is the ability AT TIMES to show a bit of humility. To recognize that they are human. Obama had that ability. So did George W and his dad. Ronnie, and Ford. Clinton empathised, but did it so often that it become less believable.

What Trump shows the utter lack of is any vestige of humility. And that is a DEADLY sin for any leader. The hounds are always after the man at the top, but Trump set them loose and hung raw meat out for them. He deserves what he wrought....whatever that may be.

There is also an apparent lack of having people in the room at least as smart as you. His children don't have the independence...or the depth to bring to the roles given them.

The electorate will have the opportunity to have their say. Well. Not really. Next general election will probably end up being another, "oh ****, I have to vote for this ******* because the other party of exactly two, can't nominate a sane candidate."

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Not much of a dilemma. I can see myself saying it. I know what you are saying, but you do have a blind spot on this one.

Maybe, hence why I didn't outright deny it. But I don't remember it. But this is an often repeated issue... I'm addressing the topic, but it get derailed when I become the topic.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

Now here is something we can corroborate with evidence: Trump is a giant D-bag.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The electorate will have the opportunity to have their say. Well. Not really. Next general election will probably end up being another, "oh ****, I have to vote for this ******* because the other party of exactly two, can't nominate a sane candidate."

And thus tolls the bell in the general decline of the United States from the shining city on the hill to a fond memory.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Maybe, hence why I didn't outright deny it. But I don't remember it. But this is an often repeated issue... I'm addressing the topic, but it get derailed when I become the topic.

Very true. You shouldn't be the subject, and you definitely catch a lot of unnecessary personal crap.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I think you said it. You say you don't remember it. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe you didn't. So. Here's something we can think about. Was it something you could have said?

Do you resent people disrespecting the president because you think they did it because of his race? If you don't hold any feelings like that at all, you don't think the people insulting the president did so because he's black, and therefore it's impossible for you to have said something like that, then okay. I'm wrong. My recollection is wrong.

But. If it's something you do at least suspect, even if you think you wouldn't share it here, consider the possibility that you may have said it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think you said it. You say you don't remember it. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe you didn't. So. Here's something we can think about. Was it something you could have said?

Do you resent people disrespecting the president because you think they did it because of his race? If you don't hold any feelings like that at all, you don't think the people insulting the president did so because he's black, and therefore it's impossible for you to have said something like that, then okay. I'm wrong. My recollection is wrong.

But. If it's something you do at least suspect, even if you think you wouldn't share it here, consider the possibility that you may have said it.

***sigh***

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom