The 2017 General Salma Hayek discussion thread...Part 3!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    So, Democrat House Minority Leader Pelosi initially defended Rep. John Conyers because he is a liberal "icon", "only one accuser and nobody knows who she is, do you?"

Then the 90's called and wanted their Bill Clinton "get out of jail free" card for using women like sex dolls back... too ef'ing funny.

Oh, and his former Deputy Chief of Staff:

UK Daily Mail: John Conyers asked me to his hotel room for sex and groped me TWICE says former deputy chief of staff after other aides accused him of sexual harassment
    Second woman accuses Rep John Conyers of sexual misconduct | Daily Mail Online

And, finally, the Dems see how this is a very real, and creditable threat to their power. After decades of preaching that the Republicans lead a "war on women", the impact on Republicans is minimal and already baked-in... the backlash against Dems, however, can be substantial. Even Pelosi realizes this now...

Nancy Pelosi calls on John Conyers to resign - CNNPolitics

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    OK, but I can't say that I would object to a war to keep the DPRK from making us glow in the dark.

A bunker buster in the right place ought to do it. However, I don't object to glassing the place over if a rocket is sent anywhere close to us or a major ally like Japan.

If China objects, perhaps we'll have to live without Chinese products for awhile and rebuild American industry. That would be a shame...wouldn't it. :)

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Snappy comeback, but without substance. Acteon and I have posted three congressional districts that show the gerrymandering gymnastic effort that Democrats put forward to hold onto power.

There is a strange one in Texas, which is a red state, the 33rd District... but it was gerrymandered BY THE COURTS to create a minority-majority district. Another example that extremely odd-shaped districts are required to get Democratic seats because of where they live.

lossless-page1-640px-Texas_US_Congressional_District_33_%28since_2013%29.tif.png

Yes. If this was a real work assignment, you'd have to include a reasonable approximation of the opposite side's gerrymandering.

But it isn't a work assignment, and that doesn't fit your argument....even if it would be reasonable.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    A bunker buster in the right place ought to do it. However, I don't object to glassing the place over if a rocket is sent anywhere close to us or a major ally like Japan.

If China objects, perhaps we'll have to live without Chinese products for awhile and rebuild American industry. That would be a shame...wouldn't it. :)

I like the way you think.....

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Yes. If this was a real work assignment, you'd have to include a reasonable approximation of the opposite side's gerrymandering.

But it isn't a work assignment, and that doesn't fit your argument....even if it would be reasonable.

Ummm... I did... the Wisconsin map that the Dems have taken all the way to the Supreme Court because of it's horrible gerrymandering.

In case you missed it, here it is again from just a few short posts ago...

Compare the strange shaped districts with what is sooooooo horribly gerrymandered that it should be found unconstitutional... according to Democrats... currently before SCOTUS:

lossless-page1-469px-Wisconsin_Congressional_Districts%2C_113th_Congress.tif.png

Do you see them? The horribly, grotesquely drawn districts? So much worse than the ones drawn by the Democrats and the (Democrat) Court?

If you do, point them out to me... I must be blind. Lol!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So North Korea punks the president by launching a missile that's traveled further than any other, and Russia does another dangerous flyby of one of out planes. President complains about fake news, but tweets some concerning a Muslims, which originated from a hate group... The UK makes their displeasure known, with both the PM and Parliament weighing in. Is this what worldwide respect looks like? President of course, responds to both the North Korean and UK issues.... Russian? Ha, ha. Of course not.

"Ignore the gerrys mandering behind the curtain!" Look! Trump Bad! Russia, Russia, Russia

View attachment 61306

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    He won't. That's not the dynamic in play. Korea hasn't made claims about attacking us. The WH has already stated that it will not allow N Korea to develop a deliverable warhead to US shores. I think it's logical to assume that once they get about to the point they can, deterrence will be something other than strong language. They will certainly have the capability, if left alone, before the end of Trump's first term... so we'll see how this game of chicken pans out.

Kinetic Energy Orbital Strike. All you need is good intelligence on the target's location and "ain't no bunker deep enough"

Oh, that's right; that's not an operational weapons system

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    So, as more detail comes out about Matt Lauer, it becomes apparent that the least powerful women in the office, interns, were some of his "favorite" victims.

Hmmm... I wonder where, as a 59 year old man, he got the idea that was ok?

138241284.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Another one bites the dust. Michael Flynn charged, and taken into custody, for lying to FBI.
    ...related to, yep. Russia, Russia, Russia.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't put "forced wet kisses" and fanny groping in the same category as penetration with a penis or finger digit. That may be too old school for some of you, but it just doesn't rise (pun not intended) to the level of a major sex crime.

So, it's nothing I really want to debate, but that is where I would be if in the jury pool. And it doesn't really cut across political parties or gender.

A unwanted wet kiss may be disgusting, but I don't consider it a sex crime, democrat/republican/gay/lesbian/seaotter

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't put "forced wet kisses" and fanny groping in the same category as penetration with a penis or finger digit. That may be too old school for some of you, but it just doesn't rise (pun not intended) to the level of a major sex crime.

So, it's nothing I really want to debate, but that is where I would be if in the jury pool. And it doesn't really cut across political parties or gender.

A unwanted wet kiss may be disgusting, but I don't consider it a sex crime, democrat/republican/gay/lesbian/seaotter

You always bring this up like everyone is equating the two. These are obviously two very different things. But a woman has the right to work in an environment free from any such contact being forced upon her. Period. Inasmuch as someone puts her in an uncomfortable position, or heaven forbid, makes accepting that sort of contact a condition of employment, they should be dealt with appropriately. And frankly, I find any position to the contrary hopelessly misogynist.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Yes. There are varying degrees of sexual misconduct. I don’t think anyone disputes that. So where do we draw the line to say what is acceptable behavior and what is not? And, what are the consequences, proportional to the severity?

If it’s okay for Conyers to *do* all that he did, is it also okay for Trump just to talk about having the power of celebrity to just grab women by the *****?

I’d just like the left and right to be consistent with their own. I think it’s never okay to use one’s power of position to get away with violating someone’s person like all these people have done. Society should demand hat this is unacceptable and that the consequences at least require those people who abuse thier power, to lose their power. Use your power to force a wet kiss—we all know the difference between innocence and perversion—you lose your power.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You always bring this up like everyone is equating the two. These are obviously two very different things. But a woman has the right to work in an environment free from any such contact being forced upon her. Period. Inasmuch as someone puts her in an uncomfortable position, or heaven forbid, makes accepting that sort of contact a condition of employment, they should be dealt with appropriately. And frankly, I find any position to the contrary hopelessly misogynist.

Well, perhaps I'm reading or interpreting what is being said on these pages in a more alarming manner than necessary. It certainly appeared to me that there is some equivalency being drawn between Franken's and Moore's actions. Or equating Franken and Clinton's actions. Or just Democrat hypocrisy.

I'm at a loss here. I worked in many different jobs alongside women or with women as subordinates, and this kind of behavior came up once in 30+ years. We fired the guy. But it wasn't a "frequent" problem....yet, I know we also had a number of misogynists in our group. We got the job done. WTF, over?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom