The 2017 General Salma Hayek discussion thread...Part 3!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Conyers should be gone too. He's a crook that used taxpayer money inappropriately. No way he should keep his seat. Sure he did do some good things, but he's sat in that seat so long that he thinks he above the law.

And, Moore is a PoS who should not be a Senator. Two things we agree upon. :yesway:

Most of them feel that way.
    If they are there very long at all, it is very common for them to feel that way... because it is, unfortunately, mostly true for all practical purposes.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Career politicians of EVERY party need to be gone.
    Term limits...... regardless.
    Yes, yes: "But printcraft, we can just vote them out! See?! term limits."

ae7.gif

You have these "representatives" creeping around for decades, they are only representing themselves. GTFO.
    President has two terms MAX. Same as it SHOULD be for Congress and Senate.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

ae7.gif

You have these "representatives" creeping around for decades, they are only representing themselves. GTFO.

I’m warming up to the idea. But rather than term limits, maybe make it year limits. Senator or house member, serve for max 12 years then gone.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

ae7.gif

The office of President has term limits because it is the US and state legislatures that make amendments to the Constitution.

For the same reason, they, themselves do not have term limits.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The difficulty I see with the term limits is concentrating more power in the dc law/lobby beltway, people who are not up for election every few years like a representative. These days though with the limited choices you get to vote on even this small sense of control feels more like an illusion. Maybe we should close dc and mandate the representatives vote by electronic means, it's not like they have to be together in one room any more. Confining them to their states and districts would make the law/lobby firms job harder. Could also eliminate any and all attorney/client confidentiality if the subject is government.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Of course, I'm not surprised some of his fiercest defenders see this as completely acceptable behavior.

I do...

My wife is 16 % Native American and she could not believe they were making a big deal out of this rather than "Fauxahontas" lying about her ancestry to get preferential treatment in her career while true native's like my wife have to rely on their own merit and skills.....Pathetic...

Good on the President to take that moment to remind people of the sins of posers who ride on the back of my wife's people for their own personal financial gain....

Lord I would make a brilliant spin master...Dizzy yet Kut???:)

A reminder......Lest we forget what Warren spat upon with her lies and deceipt....

[video=youtube;XOSbuaX4AMY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOSbuaX4AMY[/video]

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    A lot of good "Trump analysis" in this article:

Trump?s Fate 2018 & 2020: Odds Favor Trump | National Review

But these two quotes in particular:

His die-hard opponents live in states that he probably would never have won anyway; his fervent supporters live in swing states where their votes count more.
    Voters may say that they find Trump puerile and repellent while in private enjoying that he is as petty as they are and hits back at those who long ago needed a smack.

Truth!

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I guess depending on the respect you think those guys are deserving, one might think it's ok to make jokes insulting, unrelated people, concerning their ethnicity.

I believe they deserve the utmost respect, I also think it's okay to make jokes insulting people who capitalize on falsely claiming their ethnicity for their benefit. What if he was addressing other vets and made a joke about a member of congress who used stolen valor? Would that be disrespectful of those who actually served? Or lets say honoring LEO and made a joke about someone who impersonated an officer? Or some of the blacks who marched during the 60s for civil rights and made a joke about someone who claimed to be black?

Now. Apart from that, it is rude and unbecoming for a president to do that. So I think we have a legitimate complaint about that. So why go for the hyperbole?

Agreed. Wrong place for it. But I don't necessarily think it was dishonoring to the actual code talkers.

Pocahantas was a real person, who was neither a member of the Navajo tribe nor a Marine. The only thing she has in common with the code talkers is the fact that her people were native to the North American continent.

Would it have been better for him to use a fictional Indian to use as a nickname for her? If so who would you recommend?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Matt Lauer fired from NBC News after complaint about 'inappropriate sexual behavior' - Nov. 29, 2017

Not surprised in the tiniest bit about this one.

I felt this one coming in the pit of my stomach. IMO, he's always had that creepy, "I'm on your side", just to get into womens' pants, desperate to "get laid", vibe.

I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!

Well, you know, when you're a celebrity you can just go up to women and grab them by the *****. What are they gonna do?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Someone told me "gerrymandering" was a Republican thing...
    I'm sure they're also guilty of it, but here is Illinois Congressional District 4

lossless-page1-1200px-Illinois_US_Congressional_District_4_%28since_2013%29.tif.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom