The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    What they are having a press briefing and I can't watch it live?

Our libertys are at risk!

Wait what did we do before?

Have the briefing then have journalists "report on it" WTH

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Another day another off camera and taped delayed White House Press Briefing. It also appears there will be no questions allowed during today's Rose Garden statement by the President and the India Prime Minister.

This Administration works better in the dark.

No loss. By the time they get done with it the message is twisted and contorted beyond recognition anyway. If there were any actual journalists there, instead of just propagandists, it might be worth doing again.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No loss. By the time they get done with it the message is twisted and contorted beyond recognition anyway. If there were any actual journalists there, instead of just propagandists, it might be worth doing again.

You think it's perfectly ok for our govt to spoon feed us intended policy and then refuse to be questioned concerning those policies? This WH is very weak when it comes to facing the public it serves.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Kut,
    It was not Soro,s real god father Soros sometimes posed as son or godson.
    Soros helped inventory, move, and sell household goods from Jews that went to the camps.

Worse yet, in fairly recent memory he was being interviewed and called this the best time of his life. No remorse whatsoever for personally participating in the holocaust.

That's completely an unknown. No one can say with any certainty such is true.

You have a point, but up to this point the Russians are known to have 'interfered' only in hacking e-mails which revealed actual wrong-doing carried out by Clinton and Company. I have a hard time putting revealing inconvenient truths even if acquired by less than scrupulous means in the same basket with election fraud.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You think it's perfectly ok for our govt to spoon feed us intended policy and then refuse to be questioned concerning those policies? This WH is very weak when it comes to facing the public it serves.

I think it's no more okay to do that than spoon-feeding news.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think it's no more okay to do that than spoon-feeding news.

Actually, you do think being spoonfed news is "more" ok. News outlets are private entities. They can put out whatever nonsense they like, and it's up to you to determine what is truthful and what is not. You should not have the ability to compel them to working in your interests. Conversely, your elected govt should be clear, truthful, and upfront with the citizenry because the actions they take (or don't take) potentially have a much greater influence on your life.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Actually, you do think being spoonfed news is "more" ok. News outlets are private entities. They can put out whatever nonsense they like, and it's up to you to determine what is truthful and what is not. You should not have the ability to compel them to working in your interests. Conversely, your elected govt should be clear, truthful, and upfront with the citizenry because the actions they take (or don't take) potentially have a much greater influence on your life.

How does the elected government manage to be clear, truthful, and upfront with those aforementioned private entities on one hand tell us that they are journalist while in fact are propagandists at open hostility with the administration? Why should the administration play their game on their terms, which amounts to knowingly playing against a stacked deck from which the administration is guaranteed to lose?

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    You guys give the "government"' way too much credit.
    Most of this "government" made up of slow witted bureaucrats stacked deep sometimes two or three to a position.
    So in conclusion the "Deep State" is the "Dumb State"

I have a feeling in the modern age it doesn't matter what is said or by who the truth is going to come out ?

I guess we can ask Loretta Lynch in a few weeks ?
    Why do I think we are going to hear a lot of 5th pleading?

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County

MSM they give 10% fact and 90% opinion to push what they want you to know not what you should know.....

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You think it's perfectly ok for [STRIKE]our govt[/STRIKE] [the Fifth Columnists ... err, I mean the Fourth Estate] to spoon feed us [their distorted spin on] intended policy and then refuse to be [STRIKE]questioned concerning those policies[/STRIKE] [held accountable for their obvious bias]? This WH [STRIKE]is very weak when it comes to facing[/STRIKE] [is only able to communicate reliably with] the public it serves [via non-traditional means].

​fixy *.*

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

The valuation I put on this issue is morally based. It's immoral for governments to shield what they're doing with the power citizens have ceded to them. It's immoral for News organizations to pretend that they're serving the public and reporting truth when truth is completely uninteresting to them. They're not interested in truth at all. They're interested in activism. And I'm not talking about just the left media. I'm including the right.

Activist "news" companies have no better moral standing than the government does because both are obfuscating the truth. Both have a similar effect. Activist news agencies don't give a flying **** about obfuscation when the obfuscation is happening on their side. Slate doesn't give a flying **** when it's a leftist regime doing the obfuscation. And I'd say that generally it's fine for private entities to create platforms for political commentary, as long as they bill themselves for what they are. But masquerading their political commentary as if it were actual news is parallel to the very definition of propaganda. It is every bit as morally corrupt as governments obfuscating truth because it has the very same affect.

I'm not advocating for criminal laws prohibiting media companies from defrauding their audiences, but, (admittedly I haven't thought this out completely) but I think, at least superficially, that I wouldn't mind if people could sue "real" news media companies for intentionally reporting lies if that can be proven. So if you bill your media broadcast as being opinion-based, you can spread whatever propaganda you want. But if you say you're reporting hard news, you damn well better be doing that.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Of course not. This is far from ideal. But the press has abrogated its responsibility to seek and disseminate the truth and is now actively seeking to overthrow the sitting government. Under these circumstances I see no value in furthering the empowerment of organizations so bereft of a moral compass in terms of truthfulness. I would certainly like it to be different but, I suppose, if I want to read fairy tales I would probably turn to the Grimms.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Of course not. This is far from ideal. But the press has abrogated its responsibility to seek and disseminate the truth and is now actively seeking to overthrow the sitting government. Under these circumstances I see no value in furthering the empowerment of organizations so bereft of a moral compass in terms of truthfulness. I would certainly like it to be different but, I suppose, if I want to read fairy tales I would probably turn to the Grimms.

:thumbsup:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom