The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-tweets-video-him-knocking-down-beating-cnn-164555974.html

This is too funny. CNN promotes violence against the right and against the police on a regular basis. To see their faux outrage at this is hypocrisy in its purest form. Also, some of their talking heads are really poor actors.

Either the left is intentionally misrepresenting the meaning behind the vid or they're projecting. I took the video as a metephore for what Trump believes he is doing to the media. They say it's a call for violence against the media.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Either the left is intentionally misrepresenting the meaning behind the vid or they're projecting. I took the video as a metephore for what Trump believes he is doing to the media. They say it's a call for violence against the media.

Left alone I wouldn't have come up with "promoting violence against the media" if you would have given me a month. :dunno:

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    No your wrong, That's a cop-out.. You don't have to vote for him. If Republicans were just an itty bitty tiny bit more responsible they could have actually voted for a better candidate in the first place. But no, go ahead and cop-out, because frankly if you ask me that's exactly how he got this far in the first place. So you voted for him, well then take responsibility for it and stop your D*** whining.

However if now that you really think what you voted for has turned out to be unacceptable well then do something about it. I'm just so tired of hearing all of the excuses whether it be for Trump's behavior or for why you felt compelled to vote for such a despicable human being.

Open primaries at least partially "negate" that he was the "choice of Republicans". As I followed the primary, it was my opinion that Trump was winning based upon voters who were not traditional Republican primary voters. There was a whole Clinton campaign playbook beseeching the media to go easy on Trump, Carson and Cruz as the Clinton campaign viewed them as the "worst" of the bunch and the easiest to beat.

Ditto that Clinton was not the overwhelming choice of Democrats... almost half preferred Bernie.

Why Trump?

The media fawned over Trump and gave him unlimited air time prior to and during the primaries. They wanted him to go up against Hillary because they believed they could influence the election. They thought that he could never win the general election.

It wasn't the Russians, it was the MSBSmedia.

As long as they fight him they are continuing to prop him up and are influencing the American people to like him more and dislike them.

^^^THIS^^^

It is a large part of why the MSM news media is so vociferous in #RESISTing Trump... their own culpability in getting the class clown elected. The joke, in the end, was on them.

Nah, if I'm gonna get liquored up, I go commando. Thongs are just for the days I go tanning.

ROFLMAO

Lets start with misogynist. What exactly do you need again?
    Troll ignore - ON

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Wait, did I just see that the President's voter fraud commission is asking for voters rolls (including names, addresses, criminal record, military service, dob, SSNs, political affiliation if available, and voting history) for ALL 50 states? WTF???? You have got to be kidding me. Does anybody trust the federal govt to not abuse that information if they had it? I hope like hell you guys take a stand on this one, and call it what it is RIDICULOUS! I hope the states tell them to stick it in their ear. I'm going to have to update my thread.

The federal government already has ALL OF MY INFORMATION, and requires me by threat of imprisonment to update them every April 15.... THAT, I object to.

I'm not worried in the least by this, which in many states, is mostly public information (ante LAST FOUR of SSN, no state requires a full SSN, dob and military record).

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Anyone with any intellectual honesty will admit there has been rampant voter fraud for many years. It has been one of the cornerstones of the Chicago machine. But, it is also true that if any other gubmint entity asked for this information we would be getting out the torches and pitchforks.

Some of that information. Releasing name, voting district, and address is ok... political affiliation, military service, voting history, and other thing are most certainly NOT ok. And it's not just the Democrat states.... unless Alabama and Mississippi, amongst others, have had one hell of a political swing in past few months. I would ask, why do you think even "red" states oppose this?

I stand corrected, Kut

Please note that, as I surmised, it specifies only whether and which elections you participated in since 2006 - not how you voted. Also specifically states wants military "status" which likely would be used to compare if you were deployed and voted absentee and look for fraud in your home district (i.e.: someone voting in your name). Also note it only asks about "felony convictions" not complete criminal record, again germane because a felony pop makes you ineligible to vote in many states (despite terry McAuliffe's efforts to the contrary

Please also note the WaPo link makes plain that a lot of this is already public data, although it's pay to play. I just don't see the overreach, but then I'm not part of the 'resistance'

As I see it, this information is already available to any fed who wants it. If they want to spy on me personally, they likely would know everything I have done in public right down to where and what I ate last night and of course most anything I have done on the internet including this post. The problem is that the commission does NOT want to put any particular individual under the microscope but rather wants to have pertinent data in a coherent form to analyze for fraud which is most easily achieved by reviewing the aggregate of voting records with certain details available to cross-reference. While I am not happy with the privacy concerns, the fact of the matter is that the ship in question sailed a long time ago. In the already extant lack of privacy, I would like to see that level of overreach used to do something that makes it less possible for government to continue in the realm of overreach. While some apparently don't believe in it, there are too many voting districts turning in more votes than they have living people and too many with unanimous or near-unanimous votes to be plausible. Beyond this, I have friends who have been approached in the effort to recruit them to participate in fraud. Please don't try telling me its isn't an issue, especially given that it takes only one fraudulent vote to effectively disenfranchise me by cancelling my legal vote.

As for Kut's observation that the Ds do not stand alone in opposing this, I would also point out two issues: First, the Democrats, while they appear so far as I can tell to be the principal perpetrators, do not own the patent on fraud. Second, there is time and expense involved in complying with these requests which are likely not popular with those called to perform the task compounded with the likelihood that they just don't want to screw with it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    As I see it, this information is already available to any fed who wants it. If they want to spy on me personally, they likely would know everything I have done in public right down to where and what I ate last night and of course most anything I have done on the internet including this post. The problem is that the commission does NOT want to put any particular individual under the microscope but rather wants to have pertinent data in a coherent form to analyze for fraud which is most easily achieved by reviewing the aggregate of voting records with certain details available to cross-reference. While I am not happy with the privacy concerns, the fact of the matter is that the ship in question sailed a long time ago. In the already extant lack of privacy, I would like to see that level of overreach used to do something that makes it less possible for government to continue in the realm of overreach. While some apparently don't believe in it, there are too many voting districts turning in more votes than they have living people and too many with unanimous or near-unanimous votes to be plausible. Beyond this, I have friends who have been approached in the effort to recruit them to participate in fraud. Please don't try telling me its isn't an issue, especially given that it takes only one fraudulent vote to effectively disenfranchise me by cancelling my legal vote.

As for Kut's observation that the Ds do not stand alone in opposing this, I would also point out two issues: First, the Democrats, while they appear so far as I can tell to be the principal perpetrators, do not own the patent on fraud. Second, there is time and expense involved in complying with these requests which are likely not popular with those called to perform the task compounded with the likelihood that they just don't want to screw with it.

So, I'm not clear. Do you support, or not support the federal govt creating a clearinghouse of 300+ million Americans, consisting of: the last 4 numbers of SSN, military service, felony convictions, political affiliations, voting record, age, address, date of birth?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Chris Christie is a piece of garbage. That is all.
    Okay, I tried to get to the bottom of this and find the real truth. Unfortunately, it doesn't look much better than what the leftist rags are screeching about. The optics are terrible but, given that he has historically low approval ratings, he doesn't seem to care. Kinda looks like he threw in the towel when he jumped aboard the Trump Train. It's one thing to try to make a point about fiscal responsibility by allowing the closing of the state parks. But, any good that might have been achieved by that is surely wasted when you waddle your fat derriere onto one of said closed state parks. But this does look very consistent with some of the mistakes the Trump team seem to make a lot of. Maybe there's hope for him yet on the second wave of cabinet picks. :dunno:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Okay, I tried to get to the bottom of this and find the real truth. Unfortunately, it doesn't look much better than what the leftist rags are screeching about. The optics are terrible but, given that he has historically low approval ratings, he doesn't seem to care. Kinda looks like he threw in the towel when he jumped aboard the Trump Train. It's one thing to try to make a point about fiscal responsibility by allowing the closing of the state parks. But, any good that might have been achieved by that is surely wasted when you waddle your fat derriere onto one of said closed state parks. But this does look very consistent with some of the mistakes the Trump team seem to make a lot of. Maybe there's hope for him yet on the second wave of cabinet picks. :dunno:

I kinda think Christie is almost as disliked by the right, as he is the left. I mean he started strong early in his career, but has become a joke after that. He'll NEVER make the Trump cabinet. That would be a disaster.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Kut

I fear the Feds have all of our data already. If anyone has served in the Military since the early 90's your DNA is on file!
    I do support the effort to establish if our States are allowing illegal voting. I just am not smart enough to figure out how to go about it?

Birds Away
    Quit "fat shaming" Chris he is doing all he can about his weight!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    So, I'm not clear. Do you support, or not support the federal govt creating a clearinghouse of 300+ million Americans, consisting of: the last 4 numbers of SSN, military service, felony convictions, political affiliations, voting record, age, address, date of birth?

My point is that at the level it makes a difference to me (or anyone else) personally, they already have it. They just don't have it collated in a workable way to analyze for voter fraud. They already have everything they need to do damage to my personal privacy. That damage is already done. Under those circumstances, I support finding a constructive use for that level of intrusion which in turn may give us a chance of having a government that can be brought back under control rather than the unchecked growth that is facilitated by fraudulent votes being counted. The government already has this stick. Under the conditions at hand I would at least like to see the stick being used to beat someone who deserves it rather than those of us who don't. Who knows, if this works out, we may have a realistic chance of voting (legal votes only for the most part) to take that stick away after an election cycle or two.

I kinda think Christie is almost as disliked by the right, as he is the left. I mean he started strong early in his career, but has become a joke after that. He'll NEVER make the Trump cabinet. That would be a disaster.

I would agree. He started strong before people really got a handle on him. All things considered, he strikes me as a liberal who wants to balance the check book which is a long way from being conservative, although it is better than many likely alternatives in such a place as NJ.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Kut

I fear the Feds have all of our data already. If anyone has served in the Military since the early 90's your DNA is on file!
    I do support the effort to establish if our States are allowing illegal voting. I just am not smart enough to figure out how to go about it?

Birds Away
    Quit "fat shaming" Chris he is doing all he can about his weight!

Even MORE reason why they the states shouldn't comply. If the Feds DO have that information, they obtained it illegally, and whomever had a hand in collecting it Obama, Bush, Carter, or whomever should be in jail! If the states hand the information over, then it helps conceal the original crime.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    My understanding of the situation the Feds want to bounce the Fed data off the state data.
    In order to establish numbers of illegals and voters who vote in several states.
    But my trust of the Government is kinda non-existent.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    My understanding of the situation the Feds want to bounce the Fed data off the state data.
    In order to establish numbers of illegals and voters who vote in several states.
    But my trust of the Government is kinda non-existent.

When you ask for political affiliation, yeah that's going to raise some eyebrows, and start questioning why they want the want the information requested.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    When you ask for political affiliation, yeah that's going to raise some eyebrows, and start questioning why they want the want the information requested.

Scary as the implications are, if you have the party affiliation of the fraudulent votes, you have a good lead on where to start looking for the actual culprits.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

Okay, since the states have proven unwilling to assist is looking into the voter fraud issue. how would you proceed? The leftist media has vehemently denied that there is any voter fraud and mocked any investigations into it. That leads me to believe it's bigger than they want to admit.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Scary as the implications are, if you have the party affiliation of the fraudulent votes, you have a good lead on where to start looking for the actual culprits.

You are aware that actual proof of fraudulent voting is practically non-existent right? Let's be clear, that's NOT to say that it isn't attempted, or even that the attempts aren't widespread, BUT it certainly points to the idea that the protections in place work. And the guy running this commission isn't somebody I'd trust with confirming an expired raffle ticket, let alone a vote. There's absolutely no proof to back up the White House's 3,000,000 illegal votes claim.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom