The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So somehow the things he does with regards to being a misogynistic are misogynistic, but those things he does with regards to being racist are not racist?

I haven't really seen anything actually racist that Trump has done. I've only seen the news media and internet trolls claim that when he does or says things, that those things are racist.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I haven't really seen anything actually racist that Trump has done. I've only seen the news media and internet trolls claim that when he does or says things, that those things are racist.

So that lawsuit in the 70s with regards to how Trump and his father marked application forms for African Americans??

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What, you only remember one example? Sounds like it's time to replay Trumps greatest hits.

:rolleyes:

Dude. Do you work for the media? You're really good at turning things into things the things are not.

Okay. Here's something high school learnt me way back in logical class. If someone makes a statement like "Trump is not a misogynist", it only takes one counterexample to prove the statement false. If you're inferring anything else by only including one counter example, it's a sign you're at least too ideologically invested and may be incapable of objective thinking. There is absolutely nothing else you should infer by me not exhaustively listing every counter example. This is actually a little shocking that we're having this conversation.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Yet another day of off camera tape delayed White House Press Briefing. Yet another day the Administration doesn't believe that they work for the American people.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Yet another day of off camera tape delayed White House Press Briefing. Yet another day the Administration doesn't believe that they work for the American people.

Another lesson to the truth-challenged press that they no longer represent the American people.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So that lawsuit in the 70s with regards to how Trump and his father marked application forms for African Americans??

I don't know much about that. There may be some truth to the history of that. I don't know. But as I'm not going to claim that because Obama attended Communist schools growing up that he is a communist now, I'm not going to claim that Trump is a racist now because of something in the 70s. People evolve. I don't think Obama is a communist. I see no evidence that Trump is currently any more racist than the average American. If you think he is more racist than, say, YOU, perhaps you're watching too much CNN.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I'm not sure I can recall the last time a President has acted like he works for the American people. That's a shame. It's the way it's supposed to be. And if you blame me for that, I can point the finger right back atcha.

I think both sides are bringing this on. Trump could behave a little less childishly. And the media could start to report things honestly. It's likely things in the briefing room would get more normal if that happened.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Another lesson to the truth-challenged press that they no longer represent the American people.

After the election PBS News Hour had their usually gaggle of Beltway/NYC reporters on a panel discussion and they had a talk radio host from Iowa (IIRC) on to sort of have him explain to them what happened....

He listened to them and one of them said,

"So how did we get this so wrong?"

His response was beautiful....

"It's November....How many of the staff in your newsroom got out in their deer stand this weekend? Maybe went out for some pheasants, rabbits or squirrels?????"

Dead silence....

"How was Church Sunday??? See anyone you have not seen in a while????"

Crickets.....

"How did your local high school football team do Friday????"

Nada

"How many of your staff are pro life?????"

Blank stares...

"It's not that you were so wrong....You just don't know us and you don't want to....You accuse us often of not respecting other cultures and we are your own citizens.....Not only do you not respect our culture...You don't even want to get to know our culture...And that's on you all...Not us...The country is bigger than the coasts and the beltway....You all seem to have forgotten that...."

Jon Stewart of all people got it.....

"I have friends that voted for Trump...Good guys in our neighborhood and good friends...They are not scared of Muslims, they are not scared of gay people...They are scared of insurance premiums..And I can't blame them..."

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    After the election PBS News Hour had their usually gaggle of Beltway/NYC reporters on a panel discussion and they had a talk radio host from Iowa (IIRC) on to sort of have him explain to them what happened....

He listened to them and one of them said,

"So how did we get this so wrong?"

His response was beautiful....

"It's November....How many of the staff in your newsroom got out in their deer stand this weekend? Maybe went out for some pheasants, rabbits or squirrels?????"

Dead silence....

"How was Church Sunday??? See anyone you have not seen in a while????"

Crickets.....

"How did your local high school football team do Friday????"

Nada

"How many of your staff are pro life?????"

Blank stares...

"It's not that you were so wrong....You just don't know us and you don't want to....You accuse us often of not respecting other cultures and we are your own citizens.....Not only do you not respect our culture...You don't even want to get to know our culture...And that's on you all...Not us...The country is bigger than the coasts and the beltway....You all seem to have forgotten that...."

They still don't accept that. Still. They've been told that several times. They don't want to believe it. They think the culture of the middle country is obsolete, that they've moved on from it. They don't see that their view of that culture is as racist as they think we are.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    :rolleyes:

Dude. Do you work for the media? You're really good at turning things into things the things are not.

Okay. Here's something high school learnt me way back in logical class. If someone makes a statement like "Trump is not a misogynist", it only takes one counterexample to prove the statement false. If you're inferring anything else by only including one counter example, it's a sign you're at least too ideologically invested and may be incapable of objective thinking. There is absolutely nothing else you should infer by me not exhaustively listing every counter example. This is actually a little shocking that we're having this conversation.

Uh, that's technically not true given that it is an opinion. It is an unknown factual quantity that either be strengthened or weakened, but never proven one way or the other.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Uh, that's technically not true given that it is an opinion. It is an unknown factual quantity that either be strengthened or weakened, but never proven one way or the other.

"prove" is a bit strong in this context. If you claim there is none of something, it only takes one counter example, just one of that something, to prove that false. Of course we're dealing with opinions here, not that "misogyny" is all that subjective. But the point was, Dddrees is amazingly delusional if he thinks only one example means anything.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Wait, did I just see that the President's voter fraud commission is asking for voters rolls (including names, addresses, criminal record, military service, dob, SSNs, political affiliation if available, and voting history) for ALL 50 states? WTF???? You have got to be kidding me. Does anybody trust the federal govt to not abuse that information if they had it? I hope like hell you guys take a stand on this one, and call it what it is RIDICULOUS! I hope the states tell them to stick it in their ear. I'm going to have to update my thread.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    They still don't accept that. Still. They've been told that several times. They don't want to believe it. They think the culture of the middle country is obsolete, that they've moved on from it. They don't see that their view of that culture is as racist as they think we are.

I think it was/is worse than that, jamil. I think they bought into the whole 'emerging democratic majority' theme and they didn't think they had to understand the Americans who were/are not like them. I get the feeling that they think Trump is an anomaly, an aberration; only a brief interruption before we resume the inexorable march to a progressive America.

I hope and believe that they are wrong and Trump marks a true turning away from (one form of) disaster. How does a journey of a thousand miles begin?

I am haunted by a comment posted by BoR, though. It was that in electing Trump we hadn't saved ourselves and the America we love, we had just kept ourselves out of the boxcars for four more years. Trumpism isn't and end in and of itself, it's just one step in a long process that can go awry at any time.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Wait, did I just see that the President's voter fraud commission is asking for voters rolls (including names, addresses, criminal record, military service, dob, SSNs, political affiliation if available, and voting history) for ALL 50 states? WTF???? You have got to be kidding me. Does anybody trust the federal govt to not abuse that information if they had it? I hope like hell you guys take a stand on this one, and call it what it is RIDICULOUS! I hope the states tell them to stick it in their ear. I'm going to have to update my thread.

From the WaPo: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...very-voter-in-america/?utm_term=.5f920ffdb8b0

The chair of President Trump's Election Integrity Commission has penned a letter to all 50 states requesting their full voter-roll data, including the name, address, date of birth, party affiliation, last four Social Security number digits and voting history back to 2006 of potentially every voter in the state.

I don't see them asking for the items in your post that I highlighted. If you put the full chicken little response on hold, I think you'll find they just want meta-data on voting history - whether enrolled voters did or did not vote in elections since 2006, not how they voted (which isn't recorded anyway)

Please stop and think what information would be necessary and sufficient to detect and enumerate fraudulent voting once and for all. While your at it, meditate on why states most likely to have a serious fraudulent voting problem are the most vociferous detractors of any effort to characterize the problem. Why does California insist out of one side of it's mouth that it has no fraudulent/non-citizen voting problem but will never allow its voter rolls to be compared to other databases in order to spot non-citizens who are enrolled - never mind at the Federal level but not even intrastate

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    From the WaPo: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...very-voter-in-america/?utm_term=.5f920ffdb8b0

I don't see them asking for the items in your post that I highlighted. If you put the full chicken little response on hold, I think you'll find they just want meta-data on voting history - whether enrolled voters did or did not vote in elections since 2006, not how they voted (which isn't recorded anyway)

Please stop and think what information would be necessary and sufficient to detect and enumerate fraudulent voting once and for all. While your at it, meditate on why states most likely to have a serious fraudulent voting problem are the most vociferous detractors of any effort to characterize the problem. Why does California insist out of one side of it's mouth that it has no fraudulent/non-citizen voting problem but will never allow its voter rolls to be compared to other databases in order to spot non-citizens who are enrolled - never mind at the Federal level but not even intrastate

Lol, ok

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bikemannc
    Top Bottom