The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Pop quiz. Is the president already campaigning for 2020? An affirmative response is indicative of a new race beginning, and as such, criticism from that point onward are valid.... neverminding the fact that performance while in office is always subject to criticism.

What first term president doesn't campaign from day one? Why is that a pop quiz? That's a truism for crying out loud. In fact, saying President and campaigning in the same sentence is almost a tautology. But anyway.

What you're saying doesn't matter. It doesn't change the alternative choice. Will the Democrats nominate a regressive leftist lunatic or not? If they do, I guess I'm stuck with voting for an ******* again. It's really that simple. It would be nice to have a platform to tell Trump what I think of his tweets, and generally how he's behaved as POTUS. That platform in normal times would be the voting booth. Ddrees ignorantly calls that a copout. But it's not. That's just the reality. Yes. I'm going to vote for the ******* again if Dems can't give me a better choice.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    No I disagree. Republicans had a choice of other Republicans from the very beginning. Heck Trump isn't really Republican in the first place. He's an opportunist, but far from a true Republican.

No I disagree. Democrats had a choice of other Democrats from the very beginning. Heck Clinton (or Sanders) isn't really Democrat in the first place. She's (He's) an opportunist, but far from a true Democrat.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Lets start with misogynist. What exactly do you need again?

Racist? No. Trump is no more racist than you are. Misogynist? Yep. He's one of those for sure. And to the fullest extent that Trump is sexist, Hillary Clinton and her brand of feminism is every bit on the opposite extreme. She just has a bit more control over her public intercourse. So why should I have voted for that sexist over the sexist I voted for?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No I disagree. Democrats had a choice of other Democrats from the very beginning. Heck Clinton (or Sanders) isn't really Democrat in the first place. She's (He's) an opportunist, but far from a true Democrat.

Not only that, but Democrats for the last 8 years and even the 8 years before had the choice not to demonize and demean the people who are ideologically opposed to the left, but did it anyway. Of course right leaning people have done that too. Just saying that when the press and the network talk shows and Hollywood and politicians all join the mob to shame people with a different world view, those people with the different world view have middle fingers and know how to use them. This was a middle finger by the bitter clingers and they have every right to tell the entire left to **** all the way off.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central

No, democrats didn't have a choice. The democrats didn't start out with 16 or whatever how many candidates like the Republicans. Unlike the Republicans Hillary inherited or owned or whatever you call it that spot. Heck she owned it and still had great difficulty closing it out.

The vast majority of Republicans may have been boring inept or whatever but at least there were a few reasonable ones like Kasich out there.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Just saying that when the press and the network talk shows and Hollywood and politicians all join the mob to shame people with a different world view, those people with the different world view have middle fingers and know how to use them. This was a middle finger by the bitter clingers and they have every right to tell the entire left to **** all the way off.

Word....

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    No, democrats didn't have a choice. The democrats didn't start out with 16 or whatever how many candidates like the Republicans. Unlike the Republicans Hillary inherited or owned or whatever you call it that spot. Heck she owned it and still had great difficulty closing it out.

The vast majority of Republicans may have been boring inept or whatever but at least there were a few reasonable ones like Kasich out there.

Then you (they) should have voted another party, or wrote someone in, to voice your (their) displeasure with the party.
    What's the matter, your rules don't look good applied to yourself?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What exactly are you looking for? Have you been asleep, or just asleep at the wheel?

Are we making this personal again? Must we engage each other like that? Probably if you stopped having contempt for the people you disagree with you'd not be treated with contempt. Being a dick about it is as much a conscious choice as Trump being a dick when he tweets. How about an attempt to be better than him?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Oh. So democrats didn't have a choice either? I heard on INGO that's a copout.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Cite an example of actual misogyny. Or have you switched to personal attacks on me?

Trump? Well, honestly, the whole Megan Kelly/blood thing was definitely at least a little sexist. But yeah. It's mostly personal attacks with this one and very little actual substance.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Racist? No. Trump is no more racist than you are. Misogynist? Yep. He's one of those for sure. And to the fullest extent that Trump is sexist, Hillary Clinton and her brand of feminism is every bit on the opposite extreme. She just has a bit more control over her public intercourse. So why should I have voted for that sexist over the sexist I voted for?

So somehow the things he does with regards to being a misogynistic are misogynistic, but those things he does with regards to being racist are not racist?

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Trump? Well, honestly, the whole Megan Kelly/blood thing was definitely at least a little sexist. But yeah. It's mostly personal attacks with this one and very little actual substance.

What, you only remember one example? Sounds like it's time to replay Trumps greatest hits.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom