The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Lol, that's hilarious. That chick didn't have a clue what she was talking about and she knew it. I like how she looked to the side just before she said 700 Billion, like "Uh, let's make some **** up, they'll buy it right?" I laughed for a full minute.

When I got interviewed by Tabnie Dozier...(Google her...She's a pint sized fireball and a great interviewer) over Obama's executive order on firearms after Sandy Hook Kirk had given me a set of five or six bullet points to make.....She was being very fair and then her face changed and got so earnest with indigent anger I had to smile because it so does not fit her personality....She looked hard at me and said, "What do you say about the 55,000 people in America killed by guns every year?" and I just kind of looked at her and said, "I would be more worried that people murdered 55,000 than about the means..."

When the interview was over I said, "Look Tabnie...I told you I would be your gun shop go to guy locally when you have a story to do and I want you to do well with it...I didn't say anything about the number you gave but it seems quite a bit high....."

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This is really a ****ed up place we're at in politics. I voted for Trump. And I'm not happy that it's the choice I had. I don't like the way he conducts himself and I don't like how he treats people. He's a bully and a pretty deplorable human being. But the people who support him and the people who voted for him (not everyone that voted for him supports him). I'm pretty much in the latter camp. And here's the thing that really pisses me off. I'm going to have to vote for this crass ******* next time too because the Democrats are going to run another bat **** crazy regressive leftist lunatic. They're not going to learn from any of this. So, I'll answer the question this way. What could Trump do to make me not vote for him in 2020? Be worse than today's Democrat. Bad as he is, he ain't there yet by a long shot. And that's saying an awful lot.

No your wrong, That's a cop-out.. You don't have to vote for him. If Republicans were just an itty bitty tiny bit more responsible they could have actually voted for a better candidate in the first place. But no, go ahead and cop-out, because frankly if you ask me that's exactly how he got this far in the first place. So you voted for him, well then take responsibility for it and stop your D*** whining.

However if now that you really think what you voted for has turned out to be unacceptable well then do something about it. I'm just so tired of hearing all of the excuses whether it be for Trump's behavior or for why you felt compelled to vote for such a despicable human being.

I was compelled to vote for the least of two despicable human beings. When I'm faced with what is in every practical sense a binary choice, I pick the least of the two evils. I knew what I was getting when I voted for Trump. I am surprised by none of the antics Trump has pulled so far. He gave every indication of who and what he is during the primaries. And so did Hillary, with the help of others to expose the depths of her despicable character.

The significant point you should infer from that is that this demonstrates the extremes between the two choices. It's was a Hobson's choice. You either pick the childish, authoritarian little twit who says nasty things whenever he feels insulted, but he at least represents a halt in the leftward momentum, or you pick the corrupt 2nd wave feminist leftist who vowed to continue the leftward momentum. So as extreme as Trump is, I voted to halt the leftward momentum. And I'll vote against regaining that leftward momentum in 2020 if it comes to that.

There's something that you need to understand about the people who voted for Trump. They're diverse, and they all voted for him for different reasons. But he does have a base. The so-called alt-right. But the die hard Trumpers are fewer than they imagine. Maybe it's egocentrism at work but I sense that most of the people who voted for Trump aren't the die nationalists. It's people who are uncomfortable with the past 8 years of pushing America beyond Overton's window.

So here's the deal. Trump will lose his ass in 2020 if Democrats run a sane candidate. Can they do that? So far they're doubling down on bat **** crazy leftists. The "progressive" fringe took over the Democrats. They're firmly in control. And there are a lot of liberals and classical liberals who aren't down with that. If you run Fauxcahantus in 2020, YOU are going to be stuck with Trump for another 4 years after that. If YOU want to get rid of Trump, then YOU accept your part in bringing him about. If YOU are not a fringe "progressive" lunatic, then YOU put your money where YOUR mouth is and YOU work real hard to kick those crazy ****ers out of your party. Because it is YOUR fault for Trump every bit as much as it is the Trumper's fault.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    When I got interviewed by Tabnie Dozier...(Google her...She's a pint sized fireball and a great interviewer) over Obama's executive order on firearms after Sandy Hook Kirk had given me a set of five or six bullet points to make.....She was being very fair and then her face changed and got so earnest with indigent anger I had to smile because it so does not fit her personality....She looked hard at me and said, "What do you say about the 55,000 people in America killed by guns every year?" and I just kind of looked at her and said, "I would be more worried that people murdered 55,000 than about the means..."

When the interview was over I said, "Look Tabnie...I told you I would be your gun shop go to guy locally when you have a story to do and I want you to do well with it...I didn't say anything about the number you gave but it seems quite a bit high....."

That's funny. It fits your character that you aren't out to purposefully make someone look bad.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I was compelled to vote for the least of two despicable human beings. When I'm faced with what is in every practical sense a binary choice, I pick the least of the two evils. I knew what I was getting when I voted for Trump. I am surprised by none of the antics Trump has pulled so far. He gave every indication of who and what he is during the primaries. And so did Hillary, with the help of others to expose the depths of her despicable character.

The significant point you should infer from that is that this demonstrates the extremes between the two choices. It's was a Hobson's choice. You either pick the childish, authoritarian little twit who says nasty things whenever he feels insulted, but he at least represents a halt in the leftward momentum, or you pick the corrupt 2nd wave feminist leftist who vowed to continue the leftward momentum. So as extreme as Trump is, I voted to halt the leftward momentum. And I'll vote against regaining that leftward momentum in 2020 if it comes to that.

There's something that you need to understand about the people who voted for Trump. They're diverse, and they all voted for him for different reasons. But he does have a base. The so-called alt-right. But the die hard Trumpers are fewer than they imagine. Maybe it's egocentrism at work but I sense that most of the people who voted for Trump aren't the die nationalists. It's people who are uncomfortable with the past 8 years of pushing America beyond Overton's window.

So here's the deal. Trump will lose his ass in 2020 if Democrats run a sane candidate. Can they do that? So far they're doubling down on bat **** crazy leftists. The "progressive" fringe took over the Democrats. They're firmly in control. And there are a lot of liberals and classical liberals who aren't down with that. If you run Fauxcahantus in 2020, YOU are going to be stuck with Trump for another 4 years after that. If YOU want to get rid of Trump, then YOU accept your part in bringing him about. If YOU are not a fringe "progressive" lunatic, then YOU put your money where YOUR mouth is and YOU work real hard to kick those crazy ****ers out of your party. Because it is YOUR fault for Trump every bit as much as it is the Trumper's fault.

What he fails to understand as well is that he's a year too late. We had these heated arguments last year, during the primaries. It's over. Trump won. Even if everyones' minds were to change instantly, because of one of his posts, he'd still be president. It's fine to comment on policy decisions or even some of the stupid stuff he tweets out. But like another poster said up thread, his posts are but noise for me now too. It's not worth arguing over the same stuff we did last year, all over again.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What he fails to understand as well is that he's a year too late. We had these heated arguments last year, during the primaries. It's over. Trump won. Even if everyones' minds were to change instantly, because of one of his posts, he'd still be president. It's fine to comment on policy decisions or even some of the stupid stuff he tweets out. But like another poster said up thread, his posts are but noise for me now too. It's not worth arguing over the same stuff we did last year, all over again.

Actually, it's not over. And as such, the arguments of the president's behavior are fair game.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    That's funny. It fits your character that you aren't out to purposefully make someone look bad.

This pic captures her personality(she's in the striped dress....) We keep up by email and she hung around the shop for an extra hour talking jewelry with my wife both times she was here....A WKU graduate and I teasingly tell her "You know Diane Sawyer was a WKU graduate and started off at WHAS11 as well.." and she's a "hand slapper" you know what I mean??? Like when I said that about Diane sawyer she grinned real big, slapped my hand and went all Kentucky country girl on me...."Now boy you quit that now...Ya hear....."

DB9SicSUIAAWAkT.jpg

They are letting her anchor weekends now and I see big things for her future....There's a certain "it" and she has got "it" for sure...I have seen her interviewing 80 year old rural country boys and they are blushing and "aw shucking" when she does that hand pat and grins....She started out in Evansville and I see Louisville as just a part of her path to fame.....

Whenever she's on my wife teasingly hollers at me..."You better get in here...Your little girlfriend's on TV again....":):

Remember when she's famous you can say you heard about her first from Indiucky....:)

LOL...It's still online....

http://www.whas11.com/news/local/reaction-to-presidents-executive-action-/23982995

Last edited:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I don't see the issue being his fighting back. The issue is that he sounds like a junior high or even elementary school child when he does.

Fight back as an adult. Quit calling people names and commenting on their appearances. Act like a damned adult for ****'s sake.

Exactly!!!! I guess we have figured out that we cannot expect more from him, it's not in his nature. I think about it like this. It's like complaining that the furnace is too hot as you are shoveling coal into it. Stop shoveling coal!!!! I think he actually likes the negative attention.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Lol, that's hilarious. That chick didn't have a clue what she was talking about and she knew it. I like how she looked to the side just before she said 700 Billion, like "Uh, let's make some **** up, they'll buy it right?" I laughed for a full minute.

It reminds me of a similar claim... 93 million Americans affected by gun violence daily... I think that was governor of Virginia's claim.

Indeed......I once referred to him as "Sir Kut the Consistent" because of that ability....If I think Kut is going to be reading a post of mine I research the crap out of it...He makes ME debate better and any man that can admit to getting plastered on Zima in a gun forum is an honest man......

:)

Kut catches a LOT of grief for taking sides that are not the INGOpopular side.
    But, I think he does the art of the debate very well.
    As opposed to some others who just name call and insult.

I think Kut wears a "thong" when he drinks the Zima!

:faint:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Nah, if I'm gonna get liquored up, I go commando. Thongs are just for the days I go tanning.

If I buy you a pack of Zima, would you NEVER EVER make that description again?

This pic captures her personality(she's in the striped dress....) We keep up by email and she hung around the shop for an extra hour talking jewelry with my wife both times she was here....A WKU graduate and I teasingly tell her "You know Diane Sawyer was a WKU graduate and started off at WHAS11 as well.." and she's a "hand slapper" you know what I mean??? Like when I said that about Diane sawyer she grinned real big, slapped my hand and went all Kentucky country girl on me...."Now boy you quit that now...Ya hear....."

DB9SicSUIAAWAkT.jpg

They are letting her anchor weekends now and I see big things for her future....There's a certain "it" and she has got "it" for sure...I have seen her interviewing 80 year old rural country boys and they are blushing and "aw shucking" when she does that hand pat and grins....She started out in Evansville and I see Louisville as just a part of her path to fame.....

Remember when she's famous you can say you heard about her first from Indiucky....:)

Sounds like a good reporter.
    I don't expect them to have my views, or know everything about everything.
    But, just report fairly, and listen.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Actually, it's not over. And as such, the arguments of the president's behavior are fair game.

The race is over. All this acrimony is not going to change a thing. It's fair enough to comment on current events but retreading old ground, which seems to be happening a lot lately, is boring.

But I'm a big boy and I can scroll past the boring parts. You guys that enjoy it still are more than welcomed to continue on as far as I'm concerned.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The race is over. All this acrimony is not going to change a thing. It's fair enough to comment on current events but retreading old ground, which seems to be happening a lot lately, is boring.

But I'm a big boy and I can scroll past the boring parts. You guys that enjoy it still are more than welcomed to continue on as far as I'm concerned.

I heard this morning the Whitehouse inner circle had Trump do the Procession of Shame........It's all forgiven now...

[video=youtube;yy4CN9DVPII]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy4CN9DVPII[/video]

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    No, he's correct. Unfortunately, everything is relative. He does many things I find regrettable. He's still better than the alternative. Every time one of these instances arises I think of Gorsuch vs. another Kagan or Sotomayer and I instantly feel better.

No I disagree. Republicans had a choice of other Republicans from the very beginning. Heck Trump isn't really Republican in the first place. He's an opportunist, but far from a true Republican.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Pop quiz. Is the president already campaigning for 2020? An affirmative response is indicative of a new race beginning, and as such, criticism from that point onward are valid.... neverminding the fact that performance while in office is always subject to criticism.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Some of the leftist posters on this thread are very keen for the right-leaning posters to "own" any questionable behavior by those politicians and pundits on the right. However, they never seem to return the favor, as it were. But, in their defense, they are products of the programming that's been going on for years through the MSM and others. They're so used to seeing a completely slanted media world as a level playing field that they just can't process anything else. They were quick to call racist anyone who opposed certain politicians while failing to acknowledge that their blanket approval of said politicians amounts to the very same thing. Some have even dusted off Iran/Contra as an example of conservative malfeasance but refuse to acknowledge such actions as using the IRS against political enemies, using the DOJ to cover for the Black Panthers illegally attempting to suppress conservative voters, using the BATFE to run guns to Mexico which were later used to kill at least one Border Patrol Agent, not to mention shipping pallets full of currency to the Mullahs in Iran when they realized that wire transfers were against U.S. law.

One of the reasons the sitting President appealed to so many people is that the status quo had become so dysfunctional and corrupt that they would have been willing to support just about anyone who they perceived as being outside of this political quagmire of the two parties. People are tired of the MSM and the holier-than-thou Hollywood types telling people what to think and what to do. It is my belief that people in the center are tired of the business as usual. They are also tired of being told how despicable they are and having the fait accompli of modern progressivism shoved down their throats.

People want to be able to oppose policy without being immediately tagged as racist, misogynist, xenophobic, or homophobic. Sometimes it's just that the policy is bad.

So when I see elephant tears from the left about the horrific, shameful and un-presidential conduct of the current office holder I am unmoved. The left sewed the seeds and now they are reaping the whirlwind.

They're tired of it so they elected one. What a joke.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Step 1: Election can't be hacked, Trump is an idiot, stop whining

[video=youtube;iS5iq1fdWyE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS5iq1fdWyE[/video]

[Hillary loses]

Step 2: TRUMP IS AN EVIL MASTERMIND WHO COLLUDED WITH RUSSIA TO HACK THE ELECTION!!! :runaway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom