The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Many some middle eastern countries have executed people for being homosexual. Yet I don't see him banning his officials from going there.
    Just to states that don't share his views, yet don't execute people for them.

So point me to an instance where a California govt official has traveled to one of those countries? If officials don't go there, what's the point of the policy?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So point me to an instance where a California govt official has traveled to one of those countries? If officials don't go there, what's the point of the policy?

First, would a California government official traveling to a middle east country rate being in the news?
    Second, where is an instance of a California government official traveling to the states on the ban. I can find instances of exceptions being made, because the travel was "needed". But what about travel before the ban? Probably doesn't rate being news. Therefore how do you find it?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Nope, he just praises dictators, hands out secrets to adversaries, and sells arms to oppressive middle eastern monarchies
    As opposed to drawing meaningless red lines, handing out billions in cash to adversaries, and looking the other way when oppressive middle eastern theocracies attempt to develop WMDs (nuclear)

Meh. I'll take Trump, and I believe the number of people who feel the same way is 'on the upgrade'

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That's an intellectually dishonest graphic. Does Gov Brown's ban target individuals?

No, and neither does Trump's
    Brown's ban targets all members of the class of california State Employees
    Trump's ban targets all members of the class of purported citizens of 6 jihadi infested counties with unnacceptably lax vetting/disfunctional gov't

I'm not aware of either ban publishing a list of names, which is what you would need to be 'targeting individuals'

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Ok
    So we have heard enough of the beneath the office stuff.
    Does anyone have a theory on what was the strategy behind the tweets?
    So I don't watch Morning Joe or any morning show I work.
    I guess from what I have seen they called him an idiot and he was destroying the country etc.

He does have the MSM in real full meltdown? They are going nuts!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ok

I guess from what I have seen they called him an idiot and he was destroying the country etc.

There's no strategy he does it simply when he feels slighted. He's emboldened to do so, because his supporters don't seem to have issue with it. He knows that his limit is whatever is above shooting a guy in broad daylight. If I was to take a guess, "gone too far" would entail him driving a swastika logoed bus, and running over a bunch of white Christian toddler girls on their way to a US war memorial.... backing up, and rolling over them again, dragging the bodies, setting them alight, and then calling a nearby mosque, and telling them they are invited to a weenie roast with all beef franks..... and that's a maybe.

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    Ok

He's a fighter. He fights back, and MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, NYTimes, WaPo, and many others have been in 100% attack mode since Nov. 9th. They are used to Republicans that shrink away when attacked by the media, and they dont know how to deal with someone like Trump other than to just double down in their hateful rhetoric. Its no more complicated than that.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    He's a fighter. He fights back, and MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, NYTimes, WaPo, and many others have been in 100% attack mode since Nov. 9th. They are used to Republicans that shrink away when attacked by the media, and they dont know how to deal with someone like Trump other than to just double down in their hateful rhetoric. Its no more complicated than that.

Let's start with these people who Trump has attacked. What hateful rhetoric did they put on Trump? Arnold, Jeb Bush's wife, Ted Cruz's father, and Barry

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    That's an intellectually dishonest graphic. Does Gov Brown's ban target individuals?

Did Trump's ban target individuals?

Okay. I will admit, I read "individuals" as individual people listed.
    Reading subsequent posts, I see that it's meant as "civilians", or "not California government officials".

I still see the two (Trump's ban, and Brown's ban) as related enough to compare.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Okay. I will admit, I read "individuals" as individual people listed.
    Reading subsequent posts, I see that it's meant as "civilians", or "not California government officials".

I still see the two (Trump's ban, and Brown's ban) as related enough to compare.

Fair enough, and thanks for doing something that's rarely seen around here. Respect.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Fair enough, and thanks for doing something that's rarely seen around here. Respect.

I try to be honest, to others, and to myself.
    And, I may disagree with you on things, but I respect you. You at least know how to argue, and I like that, whether I agree with you, or not.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There's no strategy he does it simply when he feels slighted. He's emboldened to do so, because his supporters don't seem to have issue with it. He knows that his limit is whatever is above shooting a guy in broad daylight. If I was to take a guess, "gone too far" would entail him driving a swastika logoed bus, and running over a bunch of white Christian toddler girls on their way to a US war memorial.... backing up, and rolling over them again, dragging the bodies, setting them alight, and then calling a nearby mosque, and telling them they are invited to a weenie roast with all beef franks..... and that's a maybe.

This is really a ****ed up place we're at in politics. I voted for Trump. And I'm not happy that it's the choice I had. I don't like the way he conducts himself and I don't like how he treats people. He's a bully and a pretty deplorable human being. But the people who support him and the people who voted for him (not everyone that voted for him supports him). I'm pretty much in the latter camp. And here's the thing that really pisses me off. I'm going to have to vote for this crass ******* next time too because the Democrats are going to run another bat **** crazy regressive leftist lunatic. They're not going to learn from any of this. So, I'll answer the question this way. What could Trump do to make me not vote for him in 2020? Be worse than today's Democrat. Bad as he is, he ain't there yet by a long shot. And that's saying an awful lot.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central

Your right I just don't get why people are so willing to accept such unacceptable behavior from this disgusting individual.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom