The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    With 20k posts, I'm resigning from the General Political Discussion subforum (also clearing any politics-related ignores, if that matters to anyone.)

Finding life is much more enjoyable when not stressing over politics, or bickering with people on the internet. Going to stick to gun subforums, 2A, SJW stuff, classifieds, etc.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread. Carry on.

giphy.gif

"Cold turkey" is tough, man! I tried it and it didn't stick... now I try to cut back and just stick to days that start with S or T. :)

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    You think it's perfectly ok for our govt to spoon feed us intended policy and then refuse to be questioned concerning those policies? This WH is very weak when it comes to facing the public it serves.

Whoa! They still have daily press briefings and take questions... just because cameras aren't there doesn't mean it didn't happen!!!

IIRC, Trump still has quite a bit of time to go to equal an Obama-esque period of no Q&A with the president.

FWIW, I think that Trump's press corp would be better off sticking to a firm "asked and answered, next" response when receiving the EXACT SAME QUESTION over and over. It's one thing for the press to be persistent, but CNN's Jim Acosta needs to trade his little girl Hello Kitty panties for something resembling big boy underwear. It's not all about him.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    looks like we put a blanket on it for the next 5 years.......nothing to it at all....:rolleyes:

Susan Rice Unmasking Docs Sealed in Obama Presidential Library for Next 5 Years | Fox News Insider

So, does this mean that Obama had personal, direct involvement in the unmasking? Yowza! Nixon is blushing that he used second-rate burglars instead of the entire US Intelligence community to gather political dirt.

My understanding (which could be wrong) was that sealing Presidential papers was limited those under his direct purview, not a general blanket administration-wide seal.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    "Cold turkey" is tough, man! I tried it and it didn't stick... now I try to cut back and just stick to days that start with S or T. :)

Maybe it's like quitting smoking. I quit ~22 years ago cold turkey by bragging that I would quit on my birthday. The day before I gave all my smokes away, gave away my really nice zippo lighter. They were all like you ain't gonna quit. We'll see you in the butt hut tomorrow. To save face I just couldn't not quit. Never smoked again after that.

So. A political junky giving up on the 2017 political thread? Not a chance. Unless he puts himself into the position of being shamed if he gives in.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Meh. Trump is trump.

obama says police act stupidly and the left is cool. Trump attacks someone who has made it her life's mission to destroy him and it's beyond the pale. Meh.

i would not have tweeted that, but it doesn't make me wish Hillary won

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Meh. Trump is trump.

obama says police act stupidly and the left is cool. Trump attacks someone who has made it her life's mission to destroy him and it's beyond the pale. Meh.

i would not have tweeted that, but it doesn't make me wish Hillary won

You just did.

By accepting it you just condoned it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This is the EXACT behavior I think is childish and idiotic. Sadly, we can no longer expect more from the highest office in the land. My kids behave better than this.

It's beneath the office he holds. Someone seriously needs to throw his phone in a lake.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    It's beneath the office he holds. Someone seriously needs to throw his phone in a lake.

You, I, and others may feel that way. However based on hoosierdoc's response he's perfectly fine with it. So as long as he has enough people who are just fine and willing to go along with his disgusting behavior why would he have any reason to change?

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Your use of 'us' is disingenuous. It seems (to you) that Trump isn't getting 'us' anywhere because you and we have vastly different destinations. Even just digging in his heels and slowing the headlong push to impose progressive utopia upon me would keep me satisfied with Trump. That he is turning the ship of state and setting course for a different destination just makes it all the more delectable. It only seems to you like we aren't getting anywhere because we're headed in a direction you don't want to go. Welcome to the club! To a certain extent we can empathize having just exited 8 years of the same. You can be certain we shall feel as sorry for your suffering as you likely did for ours. Sorry, that's the best we can do

I am WITH YOU, 100% ..... Everytime, I see a hat, or shirt, or bumper sticker,

of the "opposition", I just want to puke .....

I don't know how these people sleep at night, thinking that they are doing

"something good" for OUR country .....

When the Pilgrims, came over here, they weren't looking for

welfare, and food stamps ..... they were looking for FREEDOM !!!!!

And they found it, with HARD WORK, not a government handout .....

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I was, and AM glad, bho, didn't do more DAMAGE, than he did .....

At least this guy, doesn't go around kissing rings, and bowing down .....

Nope, he just praises dictators, hands out secrets to adversaries, and sells arms to oppressive middle eastern monarchies

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    You know what else gets us nowhere???? Constantly calling a man who is President with whom you disagree an "idiot" ad naseum....You know what else makes things worse??? In a moment of passion calling Trump supporters idiots because they do not see through the same lens as you...

I think you are a good person...I want you here on INGO...I have defended (and will again) you here on INGO...But I am begging you to PLEASE stop referring to Trump and his supporters as "idiots"...Please....I disagree with people constantly but I never question their intellect because they do not think like me....I now saw a post from my favorite INGO contrarian who has always (through the five years I have been reading his posts) has never refered to a president or his supporters as idiots, insinuate the folks at the Trump rally in Iowa were not too bright...I NEVER thought I would see that....

So as someone that looks forward to perhaps meeting you one day I ask you to please not refer to Trump or Trump supporters as unintelligent...I know it kind of feels good at first but I also know at the end of the day it has to make you feel a little bad...These are your fellow Hoosiers...Many of them (not myself) are your fellow veterans and most importantly many (including Trump) are your brothers and sisters in humanity..........

The point being is I don't want you to let loose something that crosses the line...It's just politics and a gun forum man....Nothing to lose good manners over...

And thank you Good Sir for your service to my country....While you were giving all I was chasing skirts and drinking too much so thank you for sacrificing what I was not willing to....No matter what mean things you say, or no matter how vile your comments towards Trump (or Trump supporters may be), by your service alone you are a better patriot than I could ever aspire to be...And I thank you...:ingo:

I agree with this 100%, I did 26 years in the U.S. Military, and I am NOT college educated,

but I can assure you, that I am NOT an IDIOT .....

The Pres., that I served under, are as follows .....

Jimmy Carter 1977-1981

Ronald Reagan 1981-1988

George Bush 1988-1992

Bill Clinton 1992-2000

George Bush 2000-2007

I then Retired, and I will tell you why .....

I didn't want to look at the face of the man elected,

Everytime, I walked into a Federal building .....

You can call me names, I don't care .....

I have to respect the OFFICE, NOT the person holding the office .....

ALL 'd" are two faced ..... example Sen., Diane Feinstein, carries a gun,

She has her Ca., permit to do so .....

BUT she is on the gun control, ban, bandwagon .....

One of the "d" Sen., or Rep., I can't remember, owns a Hotel .....

She backs all the LIBERAL Unions, but HER Hotel is NOT Union .....

Those are just two examples of what I am talking about .....

Global Warming, is another example, LIBERALS, are getting rich,

While shutting down business, REALLY,

Where do they think people, will WORK in the future .....

WHO will be paying taxes, to support welfare and food stamps .....

JMHO ..... YMMV .....

And the "best" presidents to serve under, well, I will say this,

The "R" presidents, gave the Military, the BIGGEST pay RAISES .....

Google it for yourself .....

"WE" usually get 2-3%, under a "R", and bho gave 1.9%,

And, the Ret., get HALF of the raise that AD get .....

At LEAST one year, I did not get a raise on my VA disability,

under bho .....

Under "R", I always got a raise .....

Just "things" to think about .....

And YES, I am still waiting foe my man Donald, to make "things" better for Vets .....

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP!
    TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP!

raise-your-hand-if-youre-under-a-criminal-investigation-tru-24221129.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom