The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You're just a hyperbole bomb aren't you? ;)

keep-calm-cuz-you-da-bomb-2.png

bomb_1024x1024.jpg

th

th

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    No cameras means the information can't get out?
    The media is feeding off of the behavior. Everybody in there is trying to make a name for themselves.
    It's sort of like spreading the name of a killer, it's what they want.

I know.
    If only there were SOME WAY they could report the news, you know, without a camera.
    Oh Boy
    What could they possibly do?
    It's never been done in the annals of history.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Did you know that 58% of Indiana eligible voters voted in 2016.

Over 56% Voted for DJT

You are surrounded by Trump supporters!

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Fake news is real! Trump knows what he's talking about. He even has Time magazine covers adorning his properties... fake covers.

Coming from the same man who actually created awards to give himself should we really be surprised. Aweful dificult to give this person any more Luv than he already gives himself. LOL

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Taking no questions, not allowing reports to ask questions. I don't see what removing cameras does other than feed the very "frenzy" you are trying to fend off. "Grandstanding" reporters can still grandstand with audio only. The WH is playing games with the reporters. While people point fingers at the reporters saying that they are playing games so the WH is just responding in kind. However, much like in my job, if someone is acting like an ass to me does NOT mean I can be an ass to them. I am the paid professional and must act like it at all times. We elected professionals into the WH, they need to act like it at all times.

That's the problem right there. This Administration has shown themselves to be anything but professional in fact they're anything but responsible adults.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Kut
    Is right about Manafort looks shifty. Like a used mattress salesman.

To be fair, that's something I image is common with "pick an administration." It only becomes an issue when they become caught. I don't see how someone who has acted as an agent for a foreign govt gets to come clean years later, without some penalty.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    It's because they've been allowed to control the room. Again, Spicer seems unable to control the room, and that's kinda his job. He is not the first Press Secretary to face "hostile" reporters. Restricting information output seems to be the wrong direction we need to be traveling.

I can agree, the latest moves are IMO an attempt to retake control of the room. Whether effective or ineffective, good or bad, attempts is in the eyes of the beholder.

Taking no questions, not allowing reports to ask questions. I don't see what removing cameras does other than feed the very "frenzy" you are trying to fend off. "Grandstanding" reporters can still grandstand with audio only. The WH is playing games with the reporters. While people point fingers at the reporters saying that they are playing games so the WH is just responding in kind. However, much like in my job, if someone is acting like an ass to me does NOT mean I can be an ass to them. I am the paid professional and must act like it at all times. We elected professionals into the WH, they need to act like it at all times.

A few things, every President in my memory has issued statements/press briefing where they did not allow questions. They simply issued a statement. I can see what removing cameras does, they like to see themselves and have others see them. Audio does not do the the same, they can't see the lapel pulling and rolling on the ground frothing at the mouth, as Kirk likes to put it on audio. Trump wasn't elected as a professional, he was elected because IMO he wasn't a professional politician.

Ok, I can accept that. However, what they said about Rice simply isn't true. The New York Magazine made that claim, not rice.

The headline or the article? The article seemed to me to be relatively honest at least in regards to the source. The headline not so much. And I believe this is the article you are talking about.
    Talking Trump and Tennis With Susan Rice
    Which IMO is so much BS it's not even funny.

Is this the library that hasn't been built yet?

I'm guessing that this library that hasn't been built yet does have storage facilities for materials that will be eventually housed there.

Kut
    Is right about Manafort looks shifty. Like a used mattress salesman.

Yeah, Manafort was not a good choice. At least not politically. Business wise, great. Trump is used to business, give him a bit of time to adapt to politics.

Coming from the same man who actually created awards to give himself should we really be surprised. Aweful dificult to give this person any more Luv than he already gives himself. LOL

Cite please.

To be fair, that's something I image is common with "pick an administration." It only becomes an issue when they become caught. I don't see how someone who has acted as an agent for a foreign govt gets to come clean years later, without some penalty.

Good question.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I give her at least some credit. “I do not leap to the simple explanation that it’s only about race and gender".

Oh. I missed that part. I guess I didn't make it that far past the point in the article where she made it about race and gender.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Actually the interviewer went there, she didn't.

I can't believe I'm defending Susan Rice. :ugh:

Nah. I was really talking about the article. I almost didn't read it at all, coming from a source called The Intellegencer. But I decided to give it a go anyway in the off chance there'd be something objective contained. Then I almost stopped reading at "Trumpophile writer-troll artist". That bit of hyperbole is a very red flag indicating that nothing objective will follow. Then when the author got into the race baiting bit, I'm like, okay. That's it. I'm just not going to waste my time with this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom