The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    It's because they've been allowed to control the room. Again, Spicer seems unable to control the room, and that's kinda his job. He is not the first Press Secretary to face "hostile" reporters. Restricting information output seems to be the wrong direction we need to be traveling.

No cameras means the information can't get out?
    The media is feeding off of the behavior. Everybody in there is trying to make a name for themselves.
    It's sort of like spreading the name of a killer, it's what they want.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well it is obvious that you have an agenda. I know that I try to be consistant in my constitutuinal conservativism. Trump is somewhere in between you and I.

My point though is that Journalists have always in the past purported themselves to be unbiased, and should be. However over the last 9 years they have shed their facade of impartiality.

You used to have to go to cheap rags to get yellow journalism.

Dang I'm easily distracted. I just spent 3 minutes trying to figure out how to pronounce that. I'm going with cons-tih-too-too-ee-nahl.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Yep, a joke completely.... and I'm referring to Fox. Having just now finished the New York Magazine article, it certainly makes the suggestion as reported in the title, but Rice does not. Fox, of courses, being a media outlet is taking license to infer things that weren't said, and attributing them to Rice. Shoddy journalism is abound these days.

New York Magazine is as far left as they come.......so how do you know Fox is the shoddy one??????......maybe they are both full of ****?........when she speaks under oath then we will know the truth.....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's because they've been allowed to control the room. Again, Spicer seems unable to control the room, and that's kinda his job. He is not the first Press Secretary to face "hostile" reporters. Restricting information output seems to be the wrong direction we need to be traveling.

I think that's kinda true. Spicer seems to be a pushover. If he were a teacher in a classroom he'd be the one where all the students shot spit balls at him, put tacks on his chair, just basically disrespecting him.

Obama's solution was to put snarky douchebags in the role. Josh Earnest started out sort of polite but grew into a snarky douche. Before him Jay Carney was probably the snarkiest douchebag I've ever seen in front of a mic. Robert Gibbs wasn't all that bad though.

The woman, can't think of her name, that's been doing some of the press briefings lately, at least from the few times I've seen her press conferences, seems to be doing better at controlling the room.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    • I am half blind.
    • English is not my first language.
    • I failed typing.
    • My spell check stopped working again,

Some or all of the above are true/false.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The woman, can't think of her name, that's been doing some of the press briefings lately, at least from the few times I've seen her press conferences, seems to be doing better at controlling the room.

Mike Huckabee's daughter Sarah.....She's the kind of substitute teacher you would THINK you could throw spit balls at....But you would be wrong....She's got that country girl backbone in her that can be all "That's no biggie Hon" or "Don't ya'll worry none" until you cross her and then she cuts you like a knife with words...

And then you say, "Yes ma'am" and she goes back to , "Well that's good darlin'...Glad we got the all sorted out...Any ya'll want some sweet tea??? I just made up a batch...."

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Mike Huckabee's daughter Sarah.....She's the kind of substitute teacher you would THINK you could throw spit balls at....But you would be wrong....She's got that country girl backbone in her that can be all "That's no biggie Hon" or "Don't ya'll worry none" until you cross her and then she cuts you like a knife with words...

And then you say, "Yes ma'am" and she goes back to , "Well that's good darlin'...Glad we got the all sorted out...Any ya'll want some sweet tea??? I just made up a batch...."

i like'me like that......:)

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    No cameras means the information can't get out?
    The media is feeding off of the behavior. Everybody in there is trying to make a name for themselves.
    It's sort of like spreading the name of a killer, it's what they want.
    Taking no questions, not allowing reports to ask questions. I don't see what removing cameras does other than feed the very "frenzy" you are trying to fend off. "Grandstanding" reporters can still grandstand with audio only. The WH is playing games with the reporters. While people point fingers at the reporters saying that they are playing games so the WH is just responding in kind. However, much like in my job, if someone is acting like an ass to me does NOT mean I can be an ass to them. I am the paid professional and must act like it at all times. We elected professionals into the WH, they need to act like it at all times.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    New York Magazine is as far left as they come.......so how do you know Fox is the shoddy one??????......maybe they are both full of ****?........when she speaks under oath then we will know the truth.....

Ok, I can accept that. However, what they said about Rice simply isn't true. The New York Magazine made that claim, not rice.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Washington (CNN)Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort filed documents with the Justice Department showing his consulting firm was paid more than $17 million between 2012 and 2014 for work on behalf of a pro-Russia political party in Ukraine.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/28/politics/manafort-registers-foreign-agent/index.html

Kut, looks at the year and date on the calendar, and asks "why isn't he in jail?"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom