The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Play what down the middle? Get serious, everybody has an agenda. The fact is Trump doesn't need any help looking bad. He brings a lot of this stuff on himself. He lies continuously, he's inept, and he's trying to discredit his critics. He brings the majority of this stuff on himself.

You're just a hyperbole bomb aren't you? ;)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It's only an issue because no one has the skills to deal with a "hostile" media. Cry me a river that the President has to deal with a media that doesn't like him. Welcome to the club.

No one says they want them to kiss his feet. But the majority of this stuff is way over the top. There has to be some middle ground between their hero worship of Obama and what many people think is them actively seeking the removal of Trump.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    The recent healthcare saga is an excellent example of how screwed up Trump is. He claims healthcare like everything else he claims would be so easy to solve during the campaign. He gets into office and come to find out after 7 years the Republicans in the House not only don't have a plan, they can hardly pass anything. Trump then claims who would have guessed healthcare would be so difficult to solve. After they pass it Trump has a big party claiming victory. After the Anmerican public get upset with the plan then Trump calls the plan mean.

In the end Trump regardless of being completely ignorant of healthcare can claim victory not because he solves anything in a meaningful way but because he is the center of the storm, the center of attention. This is what is most important to Trump.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    No one says they want them to kiss his feet. But the majority of this stuff is way over the top. There has to be some middle ground between their hero worship of Obama and what many people think is them actively seeking the removal of Trump.

Trump is way over the top. I guess you missed that???

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Nobody said anything like that. That only applied to Obama.

He acts like an dishonest idiot incompetent liar and they treat him like one. Ah Trumpy, he's being treated so unfairly. LOL

I guess everyone else missed the part where you've decided to give him a pass. LOL

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Fake news is real! Trump knows what he's talking about. He even has Time magazine covers adorning his properties... fake covers.

You know, if I were a Trump supporter I would go for the theory that the Fake News MSM planted those Fake News covers just to make my boy look good, I mean bad. I mean surely Donald would never let them hang there if he knew the Fake News Media were trying to make him look good. LOL

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    After one day of live coverage here again we have another no camera audio delayed White House Press Briefing. Fake Administration propaganda gets another win.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central

You know your probably right. Trump probably deserves a better approval rating too. I mean after all he's on all those Fake News Time Covers. Oh why can't everyone just Luv Trump as much as he Luvs himself?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    After one day of live coverage here again we have another no camera audio delayed White House Press Briefing. Fake Administration propaganda gets another win.

Maybe the reporters need to go back to just asking questions instead of jumping up and grandstanding in front of the cameras to impress their like minded colleagues?

Might be time for some introspection.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Play what down the middle? Get serious, everybody has an agenda. The fact is Trump doesn't need any help looking bad. He brings a lot of this stuff on himself. He lies continuously, he's inept, and he's trying to discredit his critics. He brings the majority of this stuff on himself.

He doesn't need any help looking bad. Agreed. But he does need help dialing whatever level of bad he is all the way up to 11. And I strongly suspect that if the media were honest most folks would have a much more accurate estimation of to what extent he's actually bad. Except for binary thinkers. Then, depending on which side you're on, it'll ether be 0 or 11 no matter what.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Maybe the reporters need to go back to just asking questions instead of jumping up and grandstanding in front of the cameras to impress their like minded colleagues?

Might be time for some introspection.
    It's because they've been allowed to control the room. Again, Spicer seems unable to control the room, and that's kinda his job. He is not the first Press Secretary to face "hostile" reporters. Restricting information output seems to be the wrong direction we need to be traveling.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

Well it is obvious that you have an agenda. I know that I try to be consistant in my constitutuinal conservativism. Trump is somewhere in between you and I.

un·bi·asedˌənˈbīəst/
    adjective
    [COLOR=#878787 !important]

• showing no prejudice for or against something; impartial.
      synonyms:impartial, unprejudiced, neutral, nonpartisan, disinterested, detached, dispassionate, objective, value-free, open-minded, equitable, even-handed, fair"we need an unbiased opinion"

[/COLOR]

My point though is that Journalists have always in the past purported themselves to be unbiased, and should be. However over the last 9 years they have shed their facade of impartiality.

yel·low jour·nal·ismnoun

• journalism that is based upon sensationalism and crude exaggeration.
      [COLOR=#878787 !important]"equating murder and dismemberment with smoking pot is the worst yellow journalism"[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]
    jaun·diced
    ˈjôndəst/
    adjective

• having or affected by jaundice, in particular unnaturally yellow in complexion.

• affected by bitterness, resentment, or envy.
        [COLOR=#878787 !important]"they looked on politicians with a jaundiced eye"[/COLOR]
        synonyms:bitter, resentful, cynical, soured, disenchanted, disillusioned, disappointed, pessimistic, skeptical, distrustful, suspicious, misanthropic; More

[/COLOR]

You used to have to go to cheap rags to get yellow journalism.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom