The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Funny how they don't bring up the people that lost healthcare due to the HCA.

I still want to know what they did with all the body's of those who died horrible deaths in the streets before ACA. seems to be all we hear anymore is how many people will die if we get Trumpcare. Bravo Sierra.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    So are we finally admitting the Russians meddled in our election?

Hey Kut...The 80's called and want their foreign policy back...:)

Kennedy-Brezhnev.jpg

"Hello, Ted Kennedy here....As you all are already aware Reagan is very, very, very bad...He called you all evil!!!! I know...I KNOW..... I tried to tell him you all are just trying to spread the wealth and all but what are you going to do???? So anyhoo can you help us beat this Reagan guy????"

Russia has always tried to meddle in our elections...We just do what we always do...Laugh at them and mock them....

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to indiucky again."

I'm not fond of Russians meddling in our elections. But I am fond of intellectual honesty. If we're really going to get bent out of shape over Russia meddling in our elections we might consider not meddling in other nation's elections.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Come to think of it, I seem to recall Gorbachev endorsing Gary Hart, and hardly a peep about what this may have told us about old Gary from the leftist albeit less militant media of the time.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to indiucky again."

I'm not fond of Russians meddling in our elections. But I am fond of intellectual honesty. If we're really going to get bent out of shape over Russia meddling in our elections we might consider not meddling in other nation's elections.

Ok, you opened the door, so I'll use that logic. If we're going to get bent out of shape over nation attempting to possess nuclear weapons, isn't it intellectually dishonest to possess them ourselves? (i.e. like Iran)

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Ok, you opened the door, so I'll use that logic. If we're going to get bent out of shape over nation attempting to possess nuclear weapons, it's it intellectually dishonest to possess them ourselves?

No. It's intellectually dishonest to compare America to N. Korea in the first place.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ok, you opened the door, so I'll use that logic. If we're going to get bent out of shape over nation attempting to possess nuclear weapons, isn't it intellectually dishonest to possess them ourselves? (i.e. like Iran)

I'll be glad to play this game when you present an actual equivalence.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    No loss. By the time they get done with it the message is twisted and contorted beyond recognition anyway. If there were any actual journalists there, instead of just propagandists, it might be worth doing again.
    I cannot help to think that if Obama conducted the briefings the exact same way, there would be a meltdown on this board. This is childish behavior. They cannot handle the press so they pull this silliness. It's amateurish behavior, I expect better from the most powerful office in the world......

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    the media was in Obama's pocket there would have been no reason for him to use thia tactic.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'll be glad to play this game when you present an actual equivalence.

So what am I missing? You are either saying we don't possess nuclear weapons, or that it isn't the official US policy to deter Iran from obtaining them. :dunno:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Iran goes around and actually tells people they will use nukes.
    We say we will nuke someone, if they use a WMD against us.

Not quite the same.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Iran goes around and actually tells people they will use nukes.
    We say we will nuke someone, if they use a WMD against us.

Not quite the same.

I'm not 100% certain, but fairly confident that Iran has not explicitly stated that it would use nuclear weapons if they had one. I'm not even sure Iran has stated that they want them, only that they had a right to them if they choose.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    the media was in Obama's pocket there would have been no reason for him to use thia tactic.
    No, it's a hypothetical. If Obama would have done the EXACT same think at his briefings the outrage would have been immense...and rightfully so. We expect more from the office. It appears that they cannot handle the press which is kinda funny actually. They are trying not to "feed the beast" that is the media all the while Trump continues to tweet responses that do the exact opposite. This smells more like a child having a tantrum. Very low brow behavior.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So what am I missing? You are either saying we don't possess nuclear weapons, or that it isn't the official US policy to deter Iran from obtaining them. :dunno:

We've meddled in Russia's elections. Should we ***** when they meddle in ours? Or should we just not meddle in theirs. Then we can ***** all we want. NPR had a guest on some time ago who talked about all the elections we meddle in. Not just unfriendly nations. But our allies as well. How about we just stop doing that?

Do you have any other false equivalences to share?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No, it's a hypothetical. If Obama would have done the EXACT same think at his briefings the outrage would have been immense...and rightfully so. We expect more from the office. It appears that they cannot handle the press which is kinda funny actually. They are trying not to "feed the beast" that is the media all the while Trump continues to tweet responses that do the exact opposite. This smells more like a child having a tantrum. Very low brow behavior.

I can't disagree. I'm not sure it'd actually be the end of the free world if Obama had done it too. And truth be mentioned, the press laughed at Obama's "most transparent administration" shtick. I'd rather have a transparent government. I'd also like to have an hones press instead of an activist press. I think that has at least a little to do with the President's policy change towards the press. So we have two petulent children misbehaving. I'd like to see the people tell them both to **** all the way off if they don't get it together.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I cannot help to think that if Obama conducted the briefings the exact same way, there would be a meltdown on this board. This is childish behavior. They cannot handle the press so they pull this silliness. It's amateurish behavior, I expect better from the most powerful office in the world......

Stand that analogy on its head. I cannot help but think if trump had 90% of the MSM eating out of his hand, and needing an underwear change from the mere contemplation of the crease of his pants; he would be conducting his briefings in a more conventional manner

As it is, he is in hostile territory every time he is in the same room with them and I think extreme circumspection is prudent

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom