• d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    My ex's brother used to come down from Green Bay on Memorial Day weekend and we would always walk from our house (just north of the north 40 entrance on 30th St.) down to 16th and Georgetown the night before the race just to people watch. It was a lot of fun! I'd sit on the bridge across from that entrance on Sunday morning and have my coffee and watch everyone walking in too. When the Brickyard came, I'd do the same, but there was a marked difference in the crowd. For the 500, half the people were sloppy drunk by 8 a.m.. For the Brickyard, it seemed to me a much more family oriented crowd.
    I may or may not have been known to crack a beer on my 10 minute drive to the track from my sister's house. That was usually somewhere between the 7-8am timeframe.

Always sat on the backstretch just as going in to turn 3. Loved those seats. I remember shouting at Jeff Gordon when they'd parade around in the bed of a truck and call him a fag. He flipped me off once :rofl:

I have so many good memories from the races I've attended there

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I may or may not have been known to crack a beer on my 10 minute drive to the track from my sister's house. That was usually somewhere between the 7-8am timeframe.

Always sat on the backstretch just as going in to turn 3. Loved those seats. I remember shouting at Jeff Gordon when they'd parade around in the bed of a truck and call him a fag. He flipped me off once :rofl:

I have so many good memories from the races I've attended there
    One year, when we lived on Eagledale Dr. and the ex's brother and I took our walk, I was working for TGI Fridays. The uncle of one of the guys I worked with was running a bungee jumping concession in the parking lot of the old Waffle House at 30th and Georgetown and I had my first (and only) bungee jumping experience. Funny how brave a couple of pitchers of margaritas will make you. To quote Jimmy Buffett, "I was God's own drunk and a fearless man!"

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfield,In

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That's how you can get around it also….just use a mobile device that lets you set a VPN

I'm not smart enough to know how to do this. The only VPN I have access to is for work and I'm sure I can't access it with my tv.

I had Nord VPN for a year or two (whatever I signed up for), but I only used it a few times on my computer just to try it out. I hated it. It slowed my response time down noticeably and it would block sites that were stupid to be blocked (like Kroger's website for the weekly ad). I didn't renew it when the contract ran out.

Last edited:

gassprint1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I'm not smart enough to know how to do this. The only VPN I have access to is for work and I'm sure I can't access it with my tv.

I had Nord VPN for a year or two (whatever I signed up for), but I only used it a few times on my computer just to try it out. I hated it. It slowed my response time down noticeably and it would block sites that were stupid to be blocked (like Kroger's website for the weekly ad). I didn't renew it when the contract ran out.
    If you can get it on your phone, then just mirror it from phone to tv.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    Concerning the weather, all we need now is for that high-pressure system that's over Kalamazoo right now to not get in a big hurry to move east, and to hold the frontal systems about where they are for 20 hours or so.

That might be a lot for which to ask, but back in 1995 Hurricane Erin went just far enough to the northeast of town to get the Brickyard 400 started late and completed.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Aren't you the IT dude?

Top Bottom