• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Might be in the Minority here, but I Detest that Opera Guy-Jim Danelison "Singing" Back Home Again in Indiana-before the 500.
    Why do we need a Fella (originally from Virginia) that Sings the National Anthem at the CHICAGO Blackhawks games, performing at the Indy 500?
    Do we Not have any Accomplished singers from Indiana that area capable of handling this Tradition?
    No we don’t. He was/is as close to the sound fans have come to expect from the singing of Back Home Again. Mike Rowe would be a close second in recreating the expectation. Did you not hear the National anthem for the GP race? That was an accomplished Hoosier.

and it’s Jim Cornelison

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    No we don’t. He was/is as close to the sound fans have come to expect from the singing of Back Home Again. Mike Rowe would be a close second in recreating the expectation. Did you not hear the National anthem for the GP race? That was an accomplished Hoosier.

and it’s Jim Cornelison
    I was there and it's something I'll never forget.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    All Penske car front row with the highest qualifying speeds. Should be an interesting race with so many former 500 race winners competing this year.
    Don’t count out Castroneves for a 5th win!

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    All Penske car front row with the highest qualifying speeds. Should be an interesting race with so many former 500 race winners competing this year.
    Don’t count out Castroneves for a 5th win!

He has to win a fourth one before we can win his fifth. I was in the NE Vista in 2002 and the light was still green when he was passed by PT. Team Green provided overwhelming evidence to that point only to have the IRL state that ruling was a judgment call and it was not reviewable.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    He has to win a fourth one before we can win his fifth. I was in the NE Vista in 2002 and the light was still green when he was passed by PT. Team Green provided overwhelming evidence to that point only to have the IRL state that ruling was a judgment call and it was not reviewable.
    Speaking of stolen wins, didn’t Mario keep the winners ring he was presented at the 500 banquet and forced the speedway to have a new one made when they gave the win to Bobby Unser?

Top Bottom