• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I think it really takes both having thicker skin and encouraging politeness or general common respect. Hard reality is sometimes someone has to tell a person they are wrong. Or they need to be informed that what there's something better. Maybe it's a technique learned from training or maybe it's a better suited gun for a specific discipline of shooting. Or maybe it's telling someone they need to stop putting their Sig ___ in a generic Uncle Mike's pancake holster and expecting it to be secure.
    Likewise, we need to be mindful when sharing info that we need to be careful how we say things. It's hard to get context or intent from written words.

I mostly agree!

However the "thicker skin" talk has been a blanket excuse for those who are part of the problem rather than the solution. :twocents:

:)

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    Like any other place where two or more people gather, INGO includes folks with a variety of opinions. If everyone here would just agree with my ramblings, I'd have a much nicer time. And the rest of you would never come back.

Sometimes, just sometimes, noobs come here with firmly held false beliefs. IE: expansion is NECESSARY, or the only real caliber for SD is .45ACP, or the only real gun is a 17-round capacity bottom feeder. I have been shooting for more than 50 years, and have a modicum of knowledge and wisdom to share with anyone who displays any interest. Certainly, there are folks here willing to hold civil discussions to correct what they believe are flaws in my information. I am open to those discussions and have learned at least a thing or two by being a member here. On the other hand, some folks are incapable of a polite discussion. I may well be mistaken for stoking my J-frame with LWC ammunition, or preferring to carry guns with a DAO-style trigger. I am willing to listen to reasonable arguments that my position may not be the best. What I am not willing to engage in is a conversation that start with, "You are an idiot. Only a fool would carry a 6+1 CM9.", or such comments. Personal attacks are more and more becoming a part of American (civil?) life.

I have been personally attacked on INGO for: positing that Kahr is a decent gun, stating that my S&W triggers, out of the box, leave a lot to be desired, that the P32 is a viable SD option, and that shot placement is way more important the caliber, in a SD situation. Or it may just be the way I perceive the comments of those who disagree with me. Bottom line: this is a public forum. Behave like your mother is listening, and your father is taking his belt off. Oops! That belies my age. To quote Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?" Damn, that dates me, too!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Correct!

Documentation is important. Bold claims, not so much...:blahblah:

:twocents:
    That’s true. The President of our club is a pretty good shot. In his case I know it isn’t just talk because his name makes it in the ISRPA newsletter results pretty often. Sometimes here, I wonder.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I mostly agree!

However the "thicker skin" talk has been a blanket excuse for those who are part of the problem rather than the solution. :twocents:

:)
    True
    But to be fair, so long as they are within bounds established by Mod's then when does one person's feels override another person's privilege to express their thoughts? I said privilege because this is a privately owned site and we all need to stay within the boundaries.
    But, I do agree "thicker skin" is a phrase used too often to justify being a DB.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Behave like... your father is taking his belt off.
    Sounds like some Scout Master Kevin action there...

Sorry... Couldn't help myself.

deadpool-look.gif

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Alright first off f*&$= all of you INGOers.

I don’t even know what we are discussing, if it people’s feelz so be it someone will always be offended. I enlisted at 17 so I grew up in rough atmosphere. I often offend people without intention its something I have to work on.

INGO is great IMO.

Little known fact I have personally met probably 100 INGO members. We train together several times a year at various classes. All great guys we have trained in the heat, cold, rain, snow.

Like ditcherman great dude we have trained together for about 10 years. He overloads his Toyota truck.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    Hate to say it, but this mentality so often repeated leads to why the OP posted his thoughts.

IMHO, we should be encouraging manners and politeness among INGOers rather than smartass or dickhead contests then telling the victims to grow a thicker skin.

We CAN educate all members, new and old without being a DB about it. All we have to do is think about our own words before saying them rather than forcing others to think about the words used abrasively.

:twocents:
    I agree with you. As with what I have always heard... It takes two to fight but It also takes two to get along.

Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN
    I’m a noob. I own that.

But I came to this site because I thought I would be in good company. I’ve found that I’m, in many cases, nowhere near like minded gun owners.

Myself included, I’ve seen gun snobs of all types denigrating those that don’t fit into their niche.

A lot of 2A supporters only own one, two, three, firearms. Not because they don’t or can’t own more. But because that’s all that fit into there lifestyle or budget.

I’m at a stage of life that allows me to do whatever I want, I see the new guy’s-gal’s come on board and ask a question or make a comment and are immediately shot down because they don’t have or shoot the latest and greatest gold plated masterpiece. I accept that I may have done this myself in the past, but I can’t remember when. I know I have joined in a good natured ribbing more than once. But only joking around.

We, all of us, need every 2A supporter we can get. Please let’s not chase them off by telling them what they are doing isn’t good enough. Let’s support them and especially support them in teaching there children, grandchildren, neighbors, and non gun owning friends.

Flame Away!!!

RANT OVER
    Preach

Top Bottom