• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    I've been a member of this forum for a few months now...have read some very interesting stories..i've learned alot...their is some very gun savy ppl here.. let me start this thread by saying me and my 80 yr old father went shooting today...he has had this s&w .38 for ever...he hasn't shot it in about 30 yrs.... Like most of you..your 1st experience with a gun was with Dad . Mine was, i was 8 or 9 yrs old in the back 40 with a .22 .Back then we didn't worry about cc or oc it was a sport...it was fun!...In the hands of a criminal a gun is a terrible thing to come across...in the wrongs hands it can cause more pain and sorrow then anything on this earth...in the hands of a 9 yrs old boy with his father..it was the greatest thing in the world..for those of you waiting for the thrilling part of this story...well..there isn't any...no one drawn down on anyone...no one asked us to leave..no dirty looks....the gun now was in the hands of a 80 yr old war vet, who is slowly loosing his battle with prostrate cancer..and like it was over 40 yrs earlier , it's still the greatest thing on earth....:patriot:

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    I can't help but think that maybe the roles were reversed a little. I am sure your father was as happy and excited as you were years ago! And the enjoyment you must have have felt at the time spent with your father.

Thanks for posting.

buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    I can't help but think that maybe the roles were reversed a little. I am sure your father was as happy and excited as you were years ago! And the enjoyment you must have have felt at the time spent with your father.

Thanks for posting.

funny you wrote that about the roles being reversed..at one point i remember placing my hand on his back while he was shooting...to stable him..at that point i remember as a child..he would place his hand on my back...it sent chills down my spine..life comes full circle....tomorrow i take my son shooting..i can't wait!!:rockwoot:

redsuperduty

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    New Paris - Northern
    Very cool!! Glad you posted that.
    My Dads 71'st birthday is tuesday of next week, he doesn't know it yet but I'm taking him to midwest gun and range to do some shooting.
    We talk about it a lot, but haven't shot guns together for 25 yrs. I've got a new Henry Golden Boy and display case I'm going to give him after we get back. He loves my golden boy and I'll make sure he shoots it plenty before I give him his.
    We only get one father, It makes me feel good to hear about people doing something nice for their Dad.
    REP for you!! :patriot:

buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Very cool!! Glad you posted that.
    My Dads 71'st birthday is tuesday of next week, he doesn't know it yet but I'm taking him to midwest gun and range to do some shooting.
    We talk about it a lot, but haven't shot guns together for 25 yrs. I've got a new Henry Golden Boy and display case I'm going to give him after we get back. He loves my golden boy and I'll make sure he shoots it plenty before I give him his.
    We only get one father, It makes me feel good to hear about people doing something nice for their Dad.
    REP for you!! :patriot:

let us know how it went!!....your right about only having one father...love 'em while their here..

jacobswell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Warsaw
    I've recently started to take my 9yr son to the range with me and from a fathers stand point it is some of the best times i've had in along time. My father goes with us some times and my son thinks that is even better. There's nothing like 3 generations doing something together that they all enjoy. I hope you and your father have many more days to make memories.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom