• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I received a phone call from my local police department this morning.
    They had a deer hit, and subsequently shot by an officer, in a very populated area of town.

I'm on the county's "road-kill" list (have been for 25+ years) so they called to ask if I wanted a buck. I said sure, I'd be there in 10 minutes.

When I arrived on scene, the officer was just finishing up with the poor woman who hit the deer.
    I approached his cruiser and he asked for my drivers license. I handed it to him and headed for the deer.

My brother and I picked up a really nice 4 point buck and loaded it on my trailer.

I went back to the police car to retrieve my drivers license. The officer handed it to me, and then said, "I have a couple of questions for you."
    I said, "O.K."
    The officer then told me, "I see from my computer that you have a LTCH."
    I said, "Yes sir, I do."
    He then asked, "Do you have a firearm with you now?"

A little uneasy now, not that I've done anything wrong, but not ready for this line of questioning.
    I said, "Yes sir, I do."

"GOOD" he said, and then proceeded to tell me that he couldn't count the amount of people he pulled over and asked the same questions, only to hear them say "No."

He said anytime someone answers him no, he asks them, "Well why NOT?" He said, "Do you realize if you were in that movie theater in Colorado you may have been able to save several lives?"

I was taken aback by his candor, but we continued to talk for several more minutes.

I related to him that I simply refuse to be a victim, and told him, "As a matter of fact, I'm a certified NRA basic pistol instructor, as well as a certified NRA "Refuse to be a Victim" instructor.

His reply to this information was, "OUTSTANDING!, I really do appreciate you exercising your second amendment rights."

All in all, it's been a pretty good day.

Last edited:

Emodude

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 7, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It nice to hear about a Cop that actually is a American and not on the force to get kick backs, In the town I live in that cops sleep in the Cemetery at night with there cars running,

marsell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    I must be jaded because, although I understand the significance of the officers words, I feel EVERY officer should mirror his attitude. It's a shame that is seems so many don't.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I'm thinking Frank_N_Stein has found a new way to self promote. Did he put you up to this? My money is on this being a thinly disguised "Attention whore story #4" :D

Top Bottom