• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Many thanks to Stan at Applied Ballistics.

On September 14th I won a Ruger MkIII stainless at a sponsors' draw at the West Lafayette Friends of the NRA dinner. I gave the pistol to my father, but my father could not pick it up until today.

My father came up from Indianapolis and we went for coffee, the gunsmith (to pick up my guns at Tippecanoe Sport Shop) and then over to Applied Ballistics. After a slight detour (Concord is under construction), we picked up the pistol, my father filled out the 4473 while I purchased ammo (CCI factory seconds, decent deal).

We then went up to Wildcat Valley during the cowboy match as father talked to some of the SASS guys at the FNRA dinner (they had the table behind mine) and wanted to see what it was all about. We then retired to a non-cowboy range and burned some lead. The new Ruger ran without a hitch using all kinds of ammo, but its sights were radically left, which, like the coming elections will do, were corrected.

We then had a late lunch at the Lafayette Brewing Company where no beer was consumed but much bison was harmed. I did buy a half gallon to go for later tonight.

Thanks go to Stan for being patient and allowing my father to pick up his pistol a month after the FNRA dinner. And thanks for helping such a father-son bonding experience possible.

For information on guns and an indoor range in Lafayette,

ABSI

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Applied Ballistics is a cool store, and now my go-to place when I want/need a new holster, since they've got a decent selection in stock and always let us try them on in the range.

Gotta hit 'em up again, in fact, after next Thursday. Need a holster or two for my new XD.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    I've been in there twice but have yet to use the range.

For those following this thread who have not had the opportunity to go to the store, they have a small selection of guns you can rent to try on the range.

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    Nice place. My wife and I were in the couples gun league this summer. She was shooting a Ruger MKIII in stainless with the fluted barrel. She loves that gun. I shot my hk USP compact 40. It was fun. we weren't that good but it was fun. They have a decent deal on being a member and getting range access.

Top Bottom