• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I was coming back from French Lick today on highway 37, and I just happened to get beside a young lady that was texting while driving. This gal simply had no idea how dangerous she was making things. She kept it between the lines, but it was unbelievable how much she was swerving inside her lane. She also couldn't hold her speed at all. My cruise was set at 65 and we ended up playing this game where I passed her while she sent a text then she would pass me while waiting for a reply. This cycle happened a few times until I pulled off at a gas station to let her get a few miles ahead of me.

I'm no saint because I have peeked at my phone before, but this woman was in another league. I don't want be a hard case, but a person may need to lose their license for a while if they're caught texting while motoring down the road.

Rant off.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I saw someone that had their phone held up this morning watching a movie or something while driving on 465.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I was coming back from French Lick today on highway 37, and I just happened to get beside a young lady that was texting while driving. This gal simply had no idea how dangerous she was making things. She kept it between the lines, but it was unbelievable how much she was swerving inside her lane. She also couldn't hold her speed at all. My cruise was set at 65 and we ended up playing this game where I passed her while she sent a text then she would pass me while waiting for a reply. This cycle happened a few times until I pulled off at a gas station to let her get a few miles ahead of me.

I'm no saint because I have peeked at my phone before, but this woman was in another league. I don't want be a hard case, but a person may need to lose their license for a while if they're caught texting while motoring down the road.

Rant off.
    :nono: I wouldn't have anybody to honk at. :rofl:

JMoses

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    I dont text while driving because it always and I mean always makes me spill my beer.

I'm sure that everyone that has had a loved one seriously injured or killed by an intoxicated driver thinks that you're hilarious.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I'm sure that everyone that has had a loved one seriously injured or killed by an intoxicated driver thinks that you're hilarious.
    Everyone has a sob story. If topics related to sob stories were off limits, we wouldn't have anything to talk about. I've been in a MVC cause by a drunk and I thought it was funny.

Mikeshep1462

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Sweetser
    I live on a highway, and have a balcony that gives me a perfect view of people driving by in their cars. You would have nightmares about some of the things I see people doing while driving. Just a few days ago I saw somebody driving down the road, holding a plate of food in their hand, fork in the other, shoveling food into their mouth. See tons of people texting, reading mail/newspapers/etc. looking straight down and grabbing things on the floor board, or behind them in the backseat. All this in a school zone at that..

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Rant off.

I'm pretty sure there's no 65mph speed zones on 37 between French Lick (Paoli) and Monroe County. Driving so slowly and impeding traffic so recklessly, is probably more of a hazard to other drivers than the texter.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I live on a highway, and have a balcony that gives me a perfect view of people driving by in their cars. You would have nightmares about some of the things I see people doing while driving. Just a few days ago I saw somebody driving down the road, holding a plate of food in their hand, fork in the other, shoveling food into their mouth. See tons of people texting, reading mail/newspapers/etc. looking straight down and grabbing things on the floor board, or behind them in the backseat. All this in a school zone at that..

Wow! To see all that stuff, you really must live ON a highway. :laugh:

Top Bottom