• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    Officers responded around 8:45 a.m. to reports that a man with a gun was inside the building, where about 150 children were attending a summer camp, Duncanville Police Officer Michelle Arias told reporters at the scene.

"Officers located a subject armed with a gun and engaged the subject," Arias said. "The subject was struck and officers provided first aid. The suspect was transported to the hospital and later pronounced deceased."

Kind of short on details, makes me wonder, have our chances of being shot by an overzealous officer responding to "man with a gun" gone up?

The story simples states a man armed with a gun walked into "a facility" where children were attending a summer youth camp. No additional information about the man or why he entered the building was immediately available. Also doesn't state if it was a GFZ or not.

Police said the summer campers were being moved from the Fieldhouse to the Duncanville Recreation Center, where parents could pick them up.

Was he just there to pick up his kids? Definitely not a fan of how this story was reported.

Edit: to add: https://www.duncanville.com/departments/parks-recreation/recreation-center-2/ I do not see a no firearms rule listed in the facilities rules

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009

Kind of short on details, makes me wonder, have our chances of being shot by an overzealous officer responding to "man with a gun" gone up?

The story simples states a man armed with a gun walked into "a facility" where children were attending a summer youth camp. No additional information about the man or why he entered the building was immediately available. Also doesn't state if it was a GFZ or not.

Was he just there to pick up his kids? Definitely not a fan of how this story was reported.

Edit: to add: https://www.duncanville.com/departments/parks-recreation/recreation-center-2/ I do not see a no firearms rule listed in the facilities rules
    Definitely reported horribly. Leaves tons of questions

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Have'nt seen any updates yet. The latest is that the police have yet to determine why the deceased was there with a gun. Now I suppose it might take a bit of time to investigate who he was and what the reason is for why he was there. But this screams for an update ASAP.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Yeah there's basically nothing in that source. Could be literally anything.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I searched a lot and could find little information. MWAG calls. Police arrived in two minutes, found the guy and shot him. He was supposedly looking for a woman. No word on threats or if the weapon was even drawn

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    I will not wager an opinion with details almost non-existent at this time.
    I will say, in this environment, if you enter a summer camp with a gun, expect to be engaged by law enforcement.................. We cannot have this both ways.

Edit: after reading doggydaddy's link, sounds to me like LEOs did exactly what we expect them to do in this kinda situation.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    if you enter a school with a gun, expect to be engaged by law enforcement
    Unless you're in Uvalde, TX. Then, expect law enforcement to stand around with their thumbs up their asses while you kill as many kids as you want, then claim that they didn't have a radio because it interferes with the use of their guns... or something.

Top Bottom