Ten injured in Pittsburgh bridge collapse ahead of Biden's visit.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County

Ten people were injured following a two-lane bridge collapse in Pittsburgh early Friday morning, according to Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Three of those injured were transported to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries, though they remain hospitalized Friday. First responders reported to the scene and rappelled nearly 150 feet to help passengers from a dangling bus. Others formed a human chain to help rescuers with the effort.

Rescuers rappelled nearly 150 feet to help stranded bus passengers.

Rescuers rappelled nearly 150 feet to help stranded bus passengers. (Associated Press)
    TOP PENNSYLVANIA DEMS CAN'T MEET BIDEN DUE TO SCHEDULING CONFLICT

President Biden, who is expected in Pittsburgh Friday, will proceed with his trip as planned, according to a statement from the White House.

"Our team is in touch with state and local officials on the ground as they continue to gather information about the cause of the collapse," the White House said. "The President is grateful to the first responders who rushed to assist the drivers who were on the bridge at the time. The President will proceed with trip planned for today and will stay in touch with officials on the ground about additional assistance we can provide."

Vehicles that were on a bridge when it collapsed.

Vehicles that were on a bridge when it collapsed. (Assoicated Press)
    CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

In Pittsburgh, the president is looking to tout his $1 trillion infrastructure bill as well as his administration's economic progress in his first year.

Two of Pennsylvania's top Democrats, Josh Fetterman, the state’s lieutenant governor, who is running for Senate, and gubernatorial candidate Josh Shapiro, the state’s attorney general, will miss the president's visit because of scheduling conflicts.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I was in Pittsburgh for 6 days last month and drive over that bridge twice a day while I was there!

Biden infrastructure promo, bridge collapse. Conspiracy theorists go…

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Of course the bridge collapse is the headline, but I found this to be more interesting:

Two of Pennsylvania's top Democrats, Josh Fetterman, the state’s lieutenant governor, who is running for Senate, and gubernatorial candidate Josh Shapiro, the state’s attorney general, will miss the president's visit because of scheduling conflicts.

What in the world could be more important than meeting with POTUS, unless you see him as a negative to be seen with?

Of course, I don't blame them - probably a smart move.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Didn’t Trump want to spend $$ to upgrade infrastructure and the Dems said he was just wanting to line the pockets of the rich?

Reactions: Leo

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Of course the bridge collapse is the headline, but I found this to be more interesting:

What in the world could be more important than meeting with POTUS, unless you see him as a negative to be seen with?

Of course, I don't blame them - probably a smart move.

I noticed the same thing. The "scheduling conflict" is that the race can be expected to be tight and they can't afford to be seen with him. The truly sad part is that government officials running for another office telling obvious lies doesn't even raise eyebrows.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I noticed the same thing. The "scheduling conflict" is that the race can be expected to be tight and they can't afford to be seen with him. The truly sad part is that government officials running for another office telling obvious lies doesn't even raise eyebrows.
    Stacy "I'm the real Georgia governor" Abrams had a similar scheduling conflict when President Soft-serve came through Georgia last month to drum up support for the election take over bill.

Even Beta O'rourke said he didn't want Biden's help in the Texas governor's race.

Slow Joe's endorsement is radioactive.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Gee. Almost like they needed something to prove they needed the "infrastructure" bill.

Shouldn't all the bridges have been fixed by now? After all the PREVIOUS bills?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    My family gives me a hard time about my discomfort when it comes to bridges. Driving across a long bridge demands absolute silence. I'll admit that my fear isn't rational, but it is what it is. Now I have more proof that bridges suck.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Stacy "I'm the real Georgia governor" Abrams had a similar scheduling conflict when President Soft-serve came through Georgia last month to drum up support for the election take over bill.

Even Beta O'rourke said he didn't want Biden's help in the Texas governor's race.

Slow Joe's endorsement is radioactive.

Even worthless pieces of **** do not want to be associated with the worthless piece of **** in the executive position of the central state.

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington
    My family gives me a hard time about my discomfort when it comes to bridges. Driving across a long bridge demands absolute silence. I'll admit that my fear isn't rational, but it is what it is. Now I have more proof that bridges suck.
    As a bridge superintendent working on a hundred year old truss bridge in January I can confirm they do indeed SUCK.

Top Bottom