Tell us about your accessible shooing range...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area

I have been contacted and asked about wheelchair accessible shooting ranges in Indiana. I know about the ones close to the south side of Indy but nowhere else.

Great time to start a list!

So would you mind sharing your knowledge about your local range's accessibility so our fellow shooters can get an idea where they can go to enjoy some range time?

No need to get too technical and please don't post anything negative (just the facility facts)

List the name and city, indoors or out and if you think a wheelchair can get to the shooting area without steps.

I know there are men and women that are disabled veterans or have been in an accident or wounded or for some reason can't walk to the range that want to get out there. Sharing your knowledge is appreciated.

I'll start:

Beech Grove Firearms,Beech Grove, In - South East side of Indy

Indoor range, No steps,20 lanes with one over 5 ft wide. No problem for a wheelchair.

shotgunwheelchair.jpg

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Here are a couple ranges that I know of:

Young's Longshot Range, north of Kendalville, Indiana, has indoor and outdoor rifle stations, pistol stations and wheelchair accessible restrooms. This is a membership only range.
    Youngs Long Shot Range

The Indiana DNR range at Roush Lake, near Huntington is also wheelchair accessible.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have any trouble getting to the outdoor Handgun, 50 yard rifle or shotgun ranges at the Linden Conservation Club. The Hundred yard rifle range may require some assistance due to the terrain, but could be used. (and I am sure every member there would be happy to assist if asked). Shotgun (clay and skeet) easily accessible. Also has 2 fishing ponds stocked for members. It is a few miles North and West of Indy but a nice club - $75 a year for family membership. (Husband / wife and all children under 18). Useable 7 days a week (key to gate) Office open Sat, Sunday and one other day (can't remember).

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Eagle Creek Pistol Range. Eagle Creek Pistol Range

Second what westside said about ECPR.

There are no steps at ECPR
    The restrooms can accommodate wheelchairs
    The parking area to the covered shooting area is mostly gravel and flat.
    The covered shooting line is cement with barrels/targets/tables that can be adjusted to fit the shooters needs.

If anyone needs assistance just ask and we will be more than happy to help.

-James

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    good idea for a thread. it really depends on the level of handicap, too. my wife is in a wheelchair. gravel is not friendly to those little wheels.

scooter-2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    how many of us on this forum are in a wheel chair? i am in a wheel chair. i have access toa private range. in know that marion county fish and game is accessable. i have been there. i am not amember, but i was there with a member. l am new to this forum. scooter-2

Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    how many of us on this forum are in a wheel chair? i am in a wheel chair. i have access toa private range. in know that marion county fish and game is accessable. i have been there. i am not amember, but i was there with a member. l am new to this forum. scooter-2

Welcome Scooter-2

You lucky dog... access to a private range!

If you have not done so and if you are so inclined there is an area called Introductions and Greetings you could say Hi to eveybody. And Ingo members can welcome you.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Kodiak Range in South Bend. Their tatical range would be great for wheelchairs. No stairs. Good accessible restrooms.

Downside: $20 an hour and frangible ammo only on that range. (You are shooting steel, indoors, at close range) But drawing and tatical reloads are just fine.

Top Bottom