• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    While this would be a great way for us to gain "independence" from the middle eastern oil gurus, I see it going the way of most other ideas/products like it. Company gets bought and parted out or the minds behind it get paid or made to forget all about it.

JeremySS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Fishers
    While this would be a great way for us to gain "independence" from the middle eastern oil gurus, I see it going the way of most other ideas/products like it. Company gets bought and parted out or the minds behind it get paid or made to forget all about it.

You may be right. They still have some technical issues that will have to be worked out during scale up as well that will require more working capital. I sure do wish I could get my hands on the genetic sequence used to modify the cyanobacterium to produce the hydrocarbons. I bet that is a tightly guarded secret that will also disappear with the company.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'll wait until this gets further down the track before making a judgement. Lots of energy deals like "cold fusion" have come and gone.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    There are many of these type things that come out every year and they all are made to fall and disappear due to the control of the oil companies. I really wish someone that had these great ideas wouldnt just take the money and run.

JeremySS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Fishers
    There are many of these type things that come out every year and they all are made to fall and disappear due to the control of the oil companies. I really wish someone that had these great ideas wouldnt just take the money and run.

It's too bad they will not publish the genetic sequence used, then it is a simple matter of transfection of the bacterium and harvesting the product. I wish they would even publish it as part of a patent, just so it would not die when the company gets bought out or otherwise silenced.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    It's too bad they will not publish the genetic sequence used, then it is a simple matter of transfection of the bacterium and harvesting the product. I wish they would even publish it as part of a patent, just so it would not die when the company gets bought out or otherwise silenced.

Then they wouldn't get paid.

Cherryspringer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Lafayette
    I believe if anyone tries to take a dollar of sales away from big business in America they will be crushed. Corporate America has no room for logic or thoughts of long term environmental impact. all that matters here is the bottom line and the only way this could work is if all of the revenue goes to the oil industry. Capitalism unregulated is awesome.:patriot:

Calvin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    I don't care who buys or owns it, this is something that needs to be done. It doesn't use food production and it doesn't use oil from unstable parts of the world.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Like he said, getting the "fuel" out of the water is the big bugaboo. It'll take energy to do that, and you might end up with a net loser. We'll see though.

There are many ways to "dry out" fuel.

Top Bottom