indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Must be a foreign thing.
    I remember the ashtray's in the '70's cars. They were like a second trunk.
    Could fit a whole carton of butts in them.

'67 Firebird ashtray, although most probably used the triangle vent windows in front. 1967 was the last year for those little windows supposedly due to this & littering in general. I *think* '68 GTO's were the only '68's that still had them.
    fb_atray.JPG

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Hell, in my hood, its not ashtrays. I watched a dude stop a a stop sign exiting a neighborhood as I drove by. His passenger apparently was fed up with no footroom so he opened the door and shoveled at least 6-8 full fast food bags worth of trash onto the street before they just pulled away.

And in about a month those of us that do GAF will pick up trash along the road and will fill a 33 gallon trash bag every 100 feet or so. Sad.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hell, in my hood, its not ashtrays. I watched a dude stop a a stop sign exiting a neighborhood as I drove by. His passenger apparently was fed up with no footroom so he opened the door and shoveled at least 6-8 full fast food bags worth of trash onto the street before they just pulled away.

And in about a month those of us that do GAF will pick up trash along the road and will fill a 33 gallon trash bag every 100 feet or so. Sad.
    Society is heading fast and deep into the toilet. The trash along any given road is a sign of this.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You are forgetting the owner has the complete freedom to put whatever covenants they wish on a property and make them non-negotiable. That the seller does not want to negotiate them is not taking anyones freedom. The buyer has complete freedom not to accept those covenants. No one’s freedoms are being taken? It is all a perception that someone is taking freedom from someone...
    Yeah, but that kind of "freedom" is a bit of an illusion when it's a Hobson's choice.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Society is heading fast and deep into the toilet. The trash along any given road is a sign of this.
    We remember how it was back in the 70's. Everyone threw their trash out the window onto the roadside. Until that fake Indian with the fake tear made everyone stop. Then communities enacted laws to punish littering. But yeah, I've been seeing a lot more litter on the roadsides. Imma blame zoomers.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How about this?

All HOAs must be responsible for "overreach".
    If a court determines there is overreach, fines must be levied against the HOA.
    And since the average homeowner probably didn't cause it, then the fines must come out of the HOA officer's pockets.

I would be ok with that.
    I think fines should definately be levied against the individual HOA board members who "overreached". If the HOA is fined, that's the community's money. It's no skin off the Karen's back other than they're deprived of HOA money they could spend on upgrading their own homes.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    OK I have to google that one.
    It just means a "take it or leave it choice" where the "leave it choice" isn't really a choice. Nearly all new subdivisions condominiums, villaminiums, etcetera have HOA's. If you don't want to live in the older neighborhoods that don't have them, and you don't want to live in the country, you really don't have a choice. You either take it or leave it, where the leave it choice leaves you having to live where you don't want to.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    We remember how it was back in the 70's. Everyone threw their trash out the window onto the roadside. Until that fake Indian with the fake tear made everyone stop. Then communities enacted laws to punish littering. But yeah, I've been seeing a lot more litter on the roadsides. Imma blame zoomers.
    Why the purple? The fake Indian was Sicilian.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    My supposition is that with Covid what was already a big number has grown exponentially; drive through sales. Anyone notice how few fast food places have garbage receptacles anymore. Along with a tear in the eye of the fake Indian was a big effort to provide the people with a place to put trash. It seems to me that most places had trash cans available now it is hard to find one.

It is hard enough to get humans to do what is right, but if it gets too inconvenient, what we are witnessing will happen. Maybe it is not just the next lazy generation, maybe the actual fault lies a few generations earlier…

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My supposition is that with Covid what was already a big number has grown exponentially; drive through sales. Anyone notice how few fast food places have garbage receptacles anymore. Along with a tear in the eye of the fake Indian was a big effort to provide the people with a place to put trash. It seems to me that most places had trash cans available now it is hard to find one.

It is hard enough to get humans to do what is right, but if it gets too inconvenient, what we are witnessing will happen. Maybe it is not just the next lazy generation, maybe the actual fault lies a few generations earlier…
    Yup. At work they didn't want to pay people to empty garbage cans, so they took them away in a lot of places.
    Then complained about garbage.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It just means a "take it or leave it choice" where the "leave it choice" isn't really a choice. Nearly all new subdivisions condominiums, villaminiums, etcetera have HOA's. If you don't want to live in the older neighborhoods that don't have them, and you don't want to live in the country, you really don't have a choice. You either take it or leave it, where the leave it choice leaves you having to live where you don't want to.
    So the owners of property put covenants on to protect themselves, once sold to homeowners they could vote to revoke them but apparently they do not find them as objectionable as INGO does. But you are correct if one wants a new home in a subdivision an HOA comes with it, kind of like if you want a new Tesla, a battery comes with it. But if you make it more granular much of life has similar choices.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom