• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I know a lot of people love the Tech Sights for the 10/22, but has anyone had experience with them for an AK? Below is a link to the sights I'm referring to:

Tech-SIGHTS Precision Shooting Accessories

It looks extremely simple, just put on the new dust cover and remove the standard rear sight. It would give the rifle a longer sight radius and a better sight picture than the standard sights. Does anyone have any experience with Tech Sights for an AK though?

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I know a lot of people love the Tech Sights for the 10/22, but has anyone had experience with them for an AK? Below is a link to the sights I'm referring to:

Tech-SIGHTS Precision Shooting Accessories

It looks extremely simple, just put on the new dust cover and remove the standard rear sight. It would give the rifle a longer sight radius and a better sight picture than the standard sights. Does anyone have any experience with Tech Sights for an AK though?

I have looked at this setup as well.
    I noted a few things about the outfit that turned me off.

1. I owned the 10/22 Tech Sights. While very useful, the metal is soft and somewhat cheap. I've never expect the sights to live half as long, nor be half as durable as my AK.
    2. You are replacing the existing spring and original design of a perfectly functioning rifle with outside/foreign parts that also may not be as durable and 'everlasting' as the AK.
    3. I didn't buy because I wasn't going to put 'less' quality or 'sure' parts on a 'sure' rifle. Why add points of possible failure to a rifle that runs 99.9999% without failure.

:twocents:

I'm not going to buy for those reasons, that's just me.

I'd go this route first (and still might)

.Texas Weapon Systems, Dog Leg scope rail

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    The tech sights seem interesting and have received good reviews, but like you i fear they may be too flimsy.

i have the texas weapon systems dog leg on my maadi ak and honestly i don't really like it that much. There isn't a sight that can cowitness with the irons, and the rear sight is rather rudimentary and only half assed adjustable. Your best bet for a good cowitness is either the ultimak with a t-1/h-1 or the larue iron dot. If you wish to get the TWS dogleg, save the money and order the samson rail. its sort of like the iron dot without the cowitness option (which you cant do with the dogleg anyways). A better rail than the TWS is Kreb$ Cu$tom$ it has an adjustable rear Ar style sight, but it'll co$t you a **** load of ca$h.

Last edited by a moderator:

fordmech_2000

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2010
    Sorry i have no experience with these sights but as i was reading other replies to this post i saw vitaminks avatar and it is really creepy!!! That guy freaks me out!

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I had the adjustable one on an AK clone I had and was pleased with it .

It was heavier / thicker metal than I expected , seemed durable .

I had to file the "T-lug" just a little to make it fit but it wasn't a big deal , after that it was snug and didn't move .

If I get another AK I'll be putting them on it also .

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I had considered getting one of those for my AK, but my eyes aren't all that great anymore and I decided to try the XS Express Big Dot setup. Hoping to get it sighted in & tested fairly soon, when I can find a suitable range to shoot at.

Lucion

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Avon
    I am hesitant to trust the dust cover to be a solid enough attachment point for a sighting system. I went with the side rail mount. If I want to plink some cans or clays with the iron sights I can just slip the scope right off. I also used some Bright Sights paint on the iron, green in the rear and orange on the front.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Top Bottom