• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    This is the problem with large populist movements. You never know what you're getting and sometimes it's too late when you do.

From Red State

Angela McGlowan, a FoxNews political analyst and candidate for Congress in MS-01 gave a well received speech at the recent National Tea Party Convention in Nashville.
    In an August appearance on The Gallo Show she evinced some fairly exotic opinions on gun ownership. Such as:
    I think the government has the right to know what guns are in the homes ….”
    The whole segment is below the fold and you need to listen to it all so you can see that this quote is not a brain fart in the course of an extended interview. The gun commentary starts almost immediately.

On the big picture side, both McGlowan and Joe Farah shared the stage at the National Tea Party Convention. McGlowan gave this extended interview back in August. Farah is a well known commodity. One has to question the degree of due diligence performed by the organizers of the Convention and how the high profile presence of either McGlowan or Farah moved the cause of conservatism forward.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNg6jh9oyqg]YouTube - Angela McGlowan On Guns[/ame]

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Any political movement is going to have a mix of different types in it. Especially in a new organization, there are going to be some wild cards in the mix. Some of them might be real conservatives on a couple of issues, and simply haven't spent much time thinking about other issues that are off their radar.

I wouldn't judge the whole movement by one dumb statement on guns. However, I might judge them by how they react to this one dumb statement. If they hail this woman as the Second Coming and officially incorporate gun registration in to their platform, then I'm through with them. If she gets scolded behind closed doors and changes her tune next week, I'll give them some credit for policing their own ranks.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Let us review a little...

Tea Party is in bed with DB Pizza or whatever the name of the jerkoff from Frontsight is.

Apparently they really don't care about the Constitution or that little thing I like to call the 2nd amendment.

Yeah they have my support!!

Please note the useage of the color purple above.

Trpanther

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Indianapolis
    As with all gun laws/legislation or ideas to protect the public, they do not in my opinion protect the law abiding citizens, they put us more at risk. Be it from Big Brother or from the common criminal, only law abiding citizens will do what the laws say. Although I am a law abiding citizen, I would have a hard time abiding with a mandated registration.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Any group can, and will be infiltrated by progressives, the longer they exist. We have to investigate every candidate on an individual basis no matter what group they say they came from.

Gun control is the last thing on the mind of anyone I have met in all the rallies I have been to. I have not heard a word of anti-gun sentiment to be honest. :twocents:

Top Bottom