• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Hey does anyone know if there are any local gun shops that will repair/fix a Taurus firearm, under the lifetime warranty? I don't want to have to send away my gun, and be without it for a while, but I also don't think I should have to pay to get it fixed because it was not due to operator error. Any help would be appreciated.

I've got a model 65 that the button to release the cylinder(chamber) will not return to its normal position with the cylinder closed. This in return will not allow the hammer to be cocked or the trigger to be pulled, unless you hold the cylinder release button back at the same time you cock the hammer/pull the trigger.

Last edited:

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    Ok, so it seems like I'm going to have to send my gun into Taurus, but has anyone one else had a similar problem with their revolver?

Did you buy it at a shop, if you did, have them help you with this. They will get it back faster than you will. Been there and done that.

Then I bought a S&W. :rockwoot:

Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    I have a 94 that has issues with double action, will probably send it to Bill Springfield for any repair / trigger work. You almost need both hands to press the trigger back, have to get that lightened up and made more reliable.

I sent my P30 to Bill, had it back in less than a week and it works great.

Will let you know.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Be prepared to pay shipping to their warranty depot. Then be prepared to wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait...

Ask me how I know!

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I didn't buy it from a shop, I purchased it FTF. All was fine with it, and then it just stopped functioning properly. Its an awesome gun, and its killing me to just have it sitting in the safe and not in working condition.

Be prepared to pay shipping to their warranty depot. Then be prepared to wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait...

Ask me how I know!

How long did it end up taking to get your gun back? Also for shipping to their warranty dept. can you just send a gun UPS?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Could try disassembling it and cleaning it. Could just have some grunge blocking some parts. Somewhere on this site I posted a link to instructions on how to do that from Taurusarmed.net. Might save you some $$ at a local gunsmith, or a couple months wait for it to come back from Taurus.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I bought a new Taurus 9mm (moonclip) revolver as a smaller alternative to my Glock 17. Had light primer strikes right out of the box.

Took it back and the shop offered to send it in. Taurus said it wasn't cleaned, supposedly cleaned it, tested it, recleaned it, then sent it back.

Same problem. Gunsmith at the shop cleaned it and shot it, decided that wasn't the problem. They let me trade it in..

I've owned other Taurus handguns with no problem, but that one was a lemon for sure..

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    It costs about 50 clams to send a pistol back to Taurus using UPS. I would advise taking it to a shop then letting a dealer send it back. It might save you a considerable amount of money.

Bob45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Metamora
    I think I would contact a local gunsmith and see what it would cost to pay to have it fixed, if you send it back you have to pay, and mine had to go back twice before they fixed it. in my experience, they call it a "lifetime" warranty because thats how long it takes to get it back

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    It costs about 50 clams to send a pistol back to Taurus using UPS. I would advise taking it to a shop then letting a dealer send it back. It might save you a considerable amount of money.
    Actually I bought a Taurus .357 snubbie. I had issues with the empty casings jamming. I called Taurus and they arranged a time for Fedex to come to my house and pick it up. They gave me an account number to put down. So I didnt have to pay for shipping or anything. It took about 4 weeks to get my gun back. Hope this helps.

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    You have to send it to them. I used a local FFL that did it for $12, which is the price of USPS shipping. I was a regular customer there and he did it as a favor.

Be prepared to wait about half a year to get your revolver back (no exaggeration).

But really, their lifetime warranty is no BS - they gave me a whole new revolver last year.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Thanks for all the feed back guys. Does anyone have any recomendations of a reliable FFL on the east side that would ship it for a reasonable price?

Top Bottom