• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    Just wanted to share some thoughts about my TCP .380. After looking at the Kel-Tec, LCP, Tarus and Bersa I decided on the Taurus. The price and slide staying open after the last round were two important factors for my decesion. While it has no safety it does have a slightly heavy and long trigger pull however, firing multiple rounds was not an issue. The recoil was very managable and the extended grip really gives you full control. Gripping the pistol does take a little getting used to after carrying an XD. Once both hands meet the TCP will fall into place. I may go back to the standard mag base since it was very comfortable. Prior to my range visit I carried it and worked the slide daily to help with break in. This is a serial #6000+ which worked out some of the kinks regarding the ejector, and feeding issues. The sights are very low but considering this is a close range point and shoot makes sense. I did file down the bullet holder inside the magazie as it was hanging up, no issues after lightly rounding the coner. Happy to say I shot 150 FMJ (Am. Eagle) and another 50 JHP Rem. Gold Saber rounds without fail or problems. Thus far I'm extremely satisfied and will consider it my EDC . With regards to a holster I will look for one with a snap strap. Currently I'm using an IWB and seems to work its way out or feels like its about to slide out. I'll post an update regarding accuracy later. My first visit to Wilber Wright Range and lots of folks so didn't really check targets I wanted more of a function test .

Last edited:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I've owned two of them. Decent little shooters for being a pocket pistol. Ran hundreds of rounds through them with zero failures. My LGS has one in the display case right now that is painted white. I call it the "Stormtrooper edition".

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    I'm thinking of painting the slide desert tan to give it a little character. My girls have named it Cricket and love how it feels and ease of holding.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    As a Ruger lover, I was surprised by the fact that this beats the LCP in almost every way.

I tested both and I went into the test thinking "nah... the LCP is going to be better... its a Ruger!" but I was shocked. TCP is easier to shoot, less recoil, better trigger. Slide was easier to manipulate and had the hold-open. And it was flawless. Also less expensive.

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    Jaybird

I recommend you work the slide and cycle the rounds. Its know issue the mag does not feed the rounds well. File down the edge as per my first photo it tends to hang on the center opening of the mag.

20130807_115016_zpsa1900eb9.jpg

20130807_114929_zps144bbe06.jpg

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    I have one of the older ones in black stainless. Carried it so much the black is wearing off the stainless. I still carry it when my pocket is too small for my LCR. Dam good little gun.

pdg45acp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Kokomo
    I've got one of those, it's my EDC

It was a Jam-o-Matic out of the box but I've spend a good portion of my life making cheap autos run so after some internet searching and some work it now is 100%

Be advised that there are two different magazines manufactured for this gun, I believe 6000 and above is the magazine change SN.

My Brother-in-Law has the Ruger LCP so I spent some time comparing the two.

Ruger left the slide stop off for a reason, if your thumb hits that slide stop while the slide is back during recoil the slide will stay open, that's something a guy needs to pay attention to and try to prevent.

Once you overcome that the TCP is at least on par with the LCP and for a lot less money.

FirearmPatriot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    TCP Advantages and Disadvantages.

I purchased a TCP when they first came outa and have put about 500 rounds through it. It had some problems with the pistol going into battery which is not uncommon for this size of pistol. It has had some failures to eject. This particular one would also throw the spend casings back onto the shooter which is annoying at the range. One of the biggest problems I had with the TCP was that when you went to eject a round from the chamber it would get stuck 50% of the time and was difficult to clear. It is my understanding that these issue have been fixed on the new models with serial numbers beginning with C. The TCP has one of the best triggers you will find on a .380. Very comparable to my Kahr P380 and much better than my Bodyguard 380. One other note about the TCP is that it has two clicks when releasing the trigger for reset. If you pull the trigger back on the first click before the trigger is full releases it will disable the trigger. You will have to have the slide pulled to reset the trigger. I am not sure if this has ever been fixed.

biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    I purchased a TCP when they first came outa and have put about 500 rounds through it. It had some problems with the pistol going into battery which is not uncommon for this size of pistol. It has had some failures to eject. This particular one would also throw the spend casings back onto the shooter which is annoying at the range. One of the biggest problems I had with the TCP was that when you went to eject a round from the chamber it would get stuck 50% of the time and was difficult to clear. It is my understanding that these issue have been fixed on the new models with serial numbers beginning with C. The TCP has one of the best triggers you will find on a .380. Very comparable to my Kahr P380 and much better than my Bodyguard 380. One other note about the TCP is that it has two clicks when releasing the trigger for reset. If you pull the trigger back on the first click before the trigger is full releases it will disable the trigger. You will have to have the slide pulled to reset the trigger. I am not sure if this has ever been fixed.

Yes they have fixed that,not sure exactly when, but I bought my first one of these about 2 years ago and it doesn't do that. But I know that it was a concern on the early ones.

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    Shot another 50 rounds and this time I was able to shoot @ 21 yards. Once again no FTF. As mentioned the trigger pull
    Is long and a little stiff. My best shots on center came when I pulled the trigger fast and used the front sight with more of a natural point and shoot verses trying to allign the small sights.

20130816_213000_zpsace75fe8.jpg

Top Bottom