• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I am thinking about buying a Taurus Millennium Pro in 9mm.
    I guess the best thing to do is ask the person that owns one.
    So if anyone has owned one, or shot one I would like your thoughts.

Thanks

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I've got the PT111 Millenium Pro (Check out my Avatar).

Its a great carry gun. 12+1 capacity, and a fairly compact package that easily conceals in a IWB holster, and can also be carried open in a more tradition holster or even a custom molded holster.

Two bits of info from my experience:

If you have large hands, the pinky extension is still not long enough, so you're likely to not be able to grip with the pinky on the grip.

The trigger pull is long and heavy, so it will take a bit of practice to avoid muscling it during the pull.

When I first got it, I consistently shot low and left - as I squeezed the trigger I was pulling the gun that way.

I've revised my grip and been practicing, and I can now shoot fairly straight with it - Definitely straight enough for a close range self defense situation, which is what I have it for.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Thanks for the Info....I moved here less than 5 years ago from Illinois. My gun purchases there were mostly larger pistols. Why settle for a 3 inch barrel when you can have a 6" barrel that is more accurate. It didn't matter...I couldn't carry anyway. My smaller pistols are not what I would call defense guns.
    I have my LTCH and it time to choose a carry weapon.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I trust my PT111 for personal defence as a CCW. Many people will have varying opionions as to their choice.

To me, I put as more emphasis on the shooter as the gun itself. All the gun has to do is go "bang" every time you squeeze the trigger and send the bullet in a consistent direction. If the gun can do that, then it is up to the shooter to do the important part and put the round on target.

I'm sure there are other guns that do as good as job, and maybe even better. Sigs, Glocks, XD's, and even High Points are all popular.

To me the best SD / CC gun is the one that you feel most comfortable with and that you can shoot well in a high stress situation. My first entry into that forum was the Taurus PT111, so far I haven't needed to change (and truly hope and pray I never really need it to do what I bought it to do, not because I don't trust it, but because I don't want a situation to come to that point.)

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Thanks again.....Well I went to Class 3 sales and took the plunge bought a PT111.

Congrats! Looking forward to seeing some pics and hearing more about it once you get a chance to shoot it.

I practiced some more with mine tonight. I was consistently busting clay pigeons (stationary, not flying :D) from 5 to 15 yards.

Top Bottom