• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • josh_p

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Greetings / FNG here.

Sorry if this was already covered as I'm still figuring out how to search existing topics on the board.

I'm getting ready to buy a Taurus tracker 992 with the interchangeable 22 mag and 22 Lr cylinders and wondering if anyone has had any good or bad experiences with them?

Many thanks!

~J

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    I have about 500 rounds of .22LR and 200 rounds of .22WMR through mine. Out of the box, the .22LR cylinder was VERY tight. Cleaned it thoroughly, but it was still very hard to shoot in DA. With round count, it has gotten better and better. The .22WMR cylinder was good out of the box - no issues at all. Gun is accurate, and HEAVY - weights more than my Model 66 .357 magnum. Cylinder change takes all of about 10 seconds - very easy. Overall, I like it. Mine is the blued 4" barrel version.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Greetings / FNG here.

Sorry if this was already covered as I'm still figuring out how to search existing topics on the board.

I'm getting ready to buy a Taurus tracker 992 with the interchangeable 22 mag and 22 Lr cylinders and wondering if anyone has had any good or bad experiences with them?

Many thanks!

~J

Try this format for Google site:ingunowners.com taurus 992

josh_p

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Thanks fellas !!! Seen any around the local shops? I'm impatient and don't want to wait for an order ha. If ordering I will go through Bradis in Camby. Looking for stainless / 6.5"

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    Looks like Bud's has the blued and ss 4" barrel versions, but no 6.5" barrels. Six months ago it was the other way around, and the ss versions were almost impossible to find.

Top Bottom