• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sargknows

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2009
    laporte county
    Picked up my wifes 709 last Friday. I ran 300+ rounds through it. Lead, ball, JHP (90 grain, 115 and 124) without a problem. The wife shot about 75 rounds through it and loves it. Only problem now is I want one for a BUG! Can not find extra mags anywhere though. Anyone finding any?

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    I'll be picking up one of those on the 22nd of this month. I haven't looked around for an magazines yet though.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I got to shoot a 709 Slim this past weekend.

Had 3 light stikes out of a box of 50. I've seen others with this problem on another forum.

Shot low for both of us at 7 yards, ~2" low with the rear sight all the way up. Fed and extraced fine (115gr FMJ). Group size was very good for a short light 9mm. (~1.5" @ 7 yards - about half the size of the Kel-Tec P-11 in my hands).

The trigger was just kinda "there". Recoil was not an issue for me, and is light considering the size and weight of the pistol, but the grip size is better suited for someone with smaller hands than I have. The slide is much easier to rack than a P-11.

Gave myself a tiny blood blister when I "tapped" the magazine in place (short grip, wide palms).

Ergos: 4/5 (smaller handed people might give it 5/5)
    Accuracy: 4/5 (5/5 would be 1 ragged hole @ 7 yards)
    Appearance/Fit: 3.5/5 (better than Kel-Tec)
    Reliability: 2.5/5 so far (my old P-11 gets a 5/5)
    Concealability: 4.5/5 (as good as a J-frame, not quite a P-3AT)

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    Taurus guns come with way to much shipping grease, and if they are not cleaned properly b4 shooting them this can cause light strikes due to excess grease in the firing pin channel. Use gunscrubber to clean the firing pin then LIGHTLY oil it, if u can use a dry lubricant if possible such as silicone spray

Top Bottom