• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • codyleaderbrand

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I certainly don't intend on carrying it. Not only is it too big but the repair concerns naturally make it a worry. I have a .38 S&W I intend on carrying/self defense. I'm going to use this Taurus as a learning experience since I'm relatively new to guns. I figure since Taurus should honor their repair that it would be a good opportunity to learn and become acquainted with how to manage and deal with guns that need repairs.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I certainly don't intend on carrying it. Not only is it too big but the repair concerns naturally make it a worry. I have a .38 S&W I intend on carrying/self defense. I'm going to use this Taurus as a learning experience since I'm relatively new to guns. I figure since Taurus should honor their repair that it would be a good opportunity to learn and become acquainted with how to manage and deal with guns that need repairs.

Since you are going to use it for training purposes, I'd get it fixed and sell or trade it for a full size .38/.357.

I say this for a couple of reasons.

* Cost. 44 ammo is expensive. With 38/357, you can train quite a bit more for the same amount of money. Plus you already have a gun chambered in the caliber.

*44 mag can create bad habits like flinching that can be hard to break. Since you are new to this, you do not want to get into bad habits.

*Recoil. This kind of ties the above statement. I can shoot my 9mm all day long and not get tired. .38's also. I owned a .44 for hunting. Once I no longer hunted with it, I just didn't enjoy shooting it a lot. It would make me physically tired and sore.

I know being new into guns, it feels nice to have a .44. It was my second handgun too. My advice is from my experience. Wait a few years and get yourself another 44. You did get a great deal. Use it for your advantage.

Last edited:

tetter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    United States
    I would avoid it I thiink. I have a Taurus 22 mag and its cylinder is pretty difficult to rotate also. I basically can't shoot it double action because the trigger is too hard. On the other hand, I have a 454 raging bull and the thing works very smooth both double and single action. I think you should count yourself lucky that you were able to fire this gun before buying (or not buying) it.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I would avoid it I thiink. I have a Taurus 22 mag and its cylinder is pretty difficult to rotate also. I basically can't shoot it double action because the trigger is too hard. On the other hand, I have a 454 raging bull and the thing works very smooth both double and single action. I think you should count yourself lucky that you were able to fire this gun before buying (or not buying) it.

^^^^^^That there is a quality post^^^^^^

Top Bottom