• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dholmtime

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thinking about getting rid of my 24/7 9mm for a XDM 9mm. I have shot the 24/7 a ton and it has been very reliable and is very compact as my cc firearm. However I have never heard a complaint about the xdm's and was just wondering on others opinions. Does anyone carry an XDM 9? Any problems with it and is $400 for a lightly used one an alright deal? I know the guy that bought it brand new. Any opinion is a good opinion in my book. Thanks for your time guys

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    $400 is a very good deal. Love mine, but I'm not worried about concealing it.

If the size isn't an issue for you, they are quite good.

b0Rn~c0nfus3d

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    i agree thats an excellent deal.i have that in my xd9 i couldnt pass that kind of deal up.i say do it,you cant go wrong with it.also if all fails contact me to buy it :D.im just saying.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Which version / size of the Taurus do you have? The Pro C is on my 'short' list of possibilities (as is the XD-3" version). I / we (my wife) like the grip we handled on one of these but I have not shot it. ...

Is there a particular reason you want to change?
    Pros / Cons ?
    Even though I will ultimately decide on my own ... I think knowing as much of other people's insights is very helpful -
    Are you swapping him - Taurus for XDM?
    Or do you have other plans for the Taurus?

Thanks.

Silverlie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Anderson
    i'm not a fan of the XD, but that's just because of the look of it, it's a fantastically reliable and accurate gun and with that deal I would still trade a Taurus for the XDM

funkeecowboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    Marion County
    Is there a reason you're getting rid of the Taurus? As a Taurus fan myself it's always nice to hear praise and GOOD things about their guns. I've got my eye on a 24/7 Pro DS.

Have you had a chance to shoot the XDm yet? I'd definitely see about shooting one before taking the leap.

Happy hunting!

dholmtime

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have shot both weapons but only about 10 rounds through the xdm. My taurus I have fired lots of rounds no issues except it isn't a very accurate shot and the trigger pull gives you way to much time to think. But it is great for a cc weapon its tiny with a 17+1 and 13+1 capacity. I would like to sell my Taurus but I am unsure of how much to ask for it but I am open to offers. Its the PT24/7 Pro C DS bought it in July 2010.

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I have shot both weapons but only about 10 rounds through the xdm. My taurus I have fired lots of rounds no issues except it isn't a very accurate shot and the trigger pull gives you way to much time to think. But it is great for a cc weapon its tiny with a 17+1 and 13+1 capacity. I would like to sell my Taurus but I am unsure of how much to ask for it but I am open to offers. Its the PT24/7 Pro C DS bought it in July 2010.

Well it is a used gun, been fired "Lots of rounds", you're wanting to get rid of it.. . . . . . .let me see, I'd probably go a buck and a quarter for it, but that's only because christmas is coming and I'm sure you could use the extra $25 that I wouldn't normally give for a taurus>:laugh:

The above is all in purple, I love my 24/7 pro in .45!!

Unless of course you'd actually take that for it. . . . .

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I say to find a way to have them both. My wife carries a 9mm 24/7 pro cds, and I carry anXD9sc (not an XDM) She doesn't seem to want to shoot my XD at the range, but I like to shoot the Taurus. They both shoot about the same. I wouldn't want to get rid of either.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    The Xdm's are an accurate and reliable platform. My Dad owned one for a while and never had any issues with it. Personally I think it's a bit big for conceal carry. If I was going to go that rout personally, I would get the 3.8" barrel Xdm. The other downfall I see with the Xdm's, is the slides are chunky and they are a tad on the heavy side. Just some things to consider, but if it works for you than I say go for it. I do not think you would be disapointed.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.

I say to find a way to have them both. My wife carries a 9mm 24/7 pro cds, and I carry anXD9sc (not an XDM) She doesn't seem to want to shoot my XD at the range, but I like to shoot the Taurus. They both shoot about the same. I wouldn't want to get rid of either.

I have a question (or 2) on the Taurus - Does the "DS" means it has the 'double action / double strike' capability ? Is this still as double action / single action pistol - or is it DAO on this model? ... lastly - does this have the 'rubber grip overlay' ... and is this replaceable? how does it hold up?

This Pro C (Not sure DS or not) is on my 'short list' of what I'm looking to upgrade too, probably before end of the month. It is / was also the favorite of my wife when we looked together earlier this year and we were/are considering making our EDCs a 'matched pair' for ease of ammo and magazine exchanges. I haven't really seen one of these anywhere lately to 'feel' the grip and we've never had a chance to fire one.

Thanks for the info.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus

In my personal opinion, the trigger on the Xd/Xdm is far better than the 24/7. The trigger pull felt to heavy, and the trigger itself felt to gritty.

LuckyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    XDM

The XDM is perfect for a range or 3 gun pistol. I wouldn't get rid of a pistol that you like for something you are lukewarm about. If you can swing keeping your Taurus and picking up the XDM that would be the way it go.

The XDMs are a little big for most people to carry comfortably. My main issue with carrying the XDM is the size of the grip. If you are shoulder carrying it's not to much of an issue. A 1911 is much easier to conceal.

Top Bottom