• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I had a guy offer to sell me his Taurus 1911 last night that he says is "a piece of junk."

I had one for a few weeks but traded it for a great deal. It functioned and shot well. When I asked him why it's a piece of junk he said "it's broke and it won't shoot."

I told him they have a lifetime warranty, He said, "Yeah, but it's going to cost me $30 to send it back". :n00b:

He only wants $200 for it and I figure unless he's beat it with a hammer I can't get burned. Anyone had any experience with the Taurus warranty? Honestly...I think he's taken it apart and hasn't put it back together properly.

What do you think about the deal?

shavedforbattle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Evansville
    I had a guy offer to sell me his Taurus 1911 last night that he says is "a piece of junk."

I had one for a few weeks but traded it for a great deal. It functioned and shot well. When I asked him why it's a piece of junk he said "it's broke and it won't shoot."

I told him they have a lifetime warranty, He said, "Yeah, but it's going to cost me $30 to send it back". :n00b:

He only wants $200 for it and I figure unless he's beat it with a hammer I can't get burned. Anyone had any experience with the Taurus warranty? Honestly...I think he's taken it apart and hasn't put it back together properly.

What do you think about the deal?

Buy, it. If you don't like it, you can always sell it. Probably for quite a bit more than you paid. Hopefully, you can get it running smoothly, and you will have yourself a nice shooter.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    $200? If its something that you can afford to spend and possible loose, it sounds like a good deal. I would look it over before buying it, to make sure that the frame is sound. Worst case you end up having a extra couple hundred in getting it back to good running condition, and then you still only have $400 or so in it.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    He only wants $200 for it and I figure unless he's beat it with a hammer I can't get burned. Anyone had any experience with the Taurus warranty? Honestly...

For that price I'd be tempted .

A few years ago I had an early generation pt 145 millennium pro that had a small crack in the rear of the frame .

IIRC , it was a "known" problem with that specific generation so I sent it back to Taurus . The whole process took about a month , Taurus replaced the frame and something else and sent it back and I never had another problem with it .

I want to say their warranty is a lifetime one for the "life" of the gun , not just the original owner so long as the "problem" isn't found to be caused by the user .

daspurlock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Never had any experience with them myself, but I've heard they do very good. Also the problem with the 1911 is the 2nd time I've heard of someone buying A new and it not being any good. I think the first guy only had his for a couple of days with just a few rds fired. Even at that price when word gets out you may have a hard time reselling it.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Buy it, It's a deal, the Taurus factory is in Miami, FL & they will fix it. If you don't want to buy it, pm me I'll buy it & drive it to the Taurus factory myself.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Taurus did a great job repairing a 709 I bought from and INGOer. They covered all the shipping, fixed the problem and I have a very accurate and reliable weapon. If the price is in line with a used 1911, go for it. Taurus will honor the warranty.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    i got a deal on a new taurus 1911 and paid 585.00 for it.

yes the warranty is for the lifetime of the gun so buy it, or of you dont ill buy it and have it fixed and either of us will have a great 1911

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I had one. It was a great pistol for me. The best thing about the Taurus 1911s is the value. My understanding is that certain parts are money savers and are MIM. Others are forged. The frame is supposed to be top notch, the barrel is very good, and the custom features like the sights and checkering are custom level. And yes, you can switch out the parts.

I'd say that unless something major is broken, you're stealing it at 200.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Picked it up tonight...$200. The guy has lost the guide spring plug. He believes for some reason there is something else wrong with it...but I won't know until I pick up a replacement plug. He's a little...different. I think if anything he stripped it down and jacked it up. :n00b: I'll keep my fingers crossed until I can check it out better.

It has the matte finish and while there are no take down gouges, he's scuffed it up pretty good around the slide lock. I'll have to research how to fix that.

I sure didn't get hurt for $200 though.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I must be on the wrong web site. That is the most praise in one spot for a Taurus 1911 that I have ever seen. They are usually being trashed by everyone. I am glad to finally see this since I have had one soon after they came out several years ago. I have had no trouble with it other than mine does not like Chip McCormick mags. I have always liked it and will not likely part with it. Go Taurus.

Top Bottom