• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Looking at getting a set of Talon Grips for a couple of my pistols and was wondering which set was better, the granulate grip or the rubber grip?

PLM2001

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Ashley, DeKalb County
    I have the rubber grip ones for my SR9c. Feels really good. I chose the rubber because I did not want something that felt like sandpaper when I shot. These are very comfortable and fit perfectly.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    It depends on what you want to use the pistol for. If it's a range gun I'd get granular; if it's a carry gun I'd get rubberized.

I've carried a shield with the rubberized version applied to the grip for about a year, but recently the tape started to fail and peel off. I'd had that happen on a glock 19 carry gun in the past. I've since stippled my gun to my likeness because I was tired of replacing the tape every year.

tyler_durden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Westfield
    I only have a rubberized set on my Sig p226. It works great though and adds some nice tackiness without changing the shape of the grip. I'd agree with biscuit that I probably wouldn't want to carry a gun with the granular due to it sanding your side skin smooth.

If you like aggressive grips the granular will feel great. If you have delicate Palmolive hands, you might be better with the rubbers.

mando-gunner-89

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    Terre Haute
    I've had a set of the rubber grips on my edc glock 26 for over a year now they have worked flawlessly the whole time. My dad has used the granular on his edc Shield 9 for several years and he loves them. So I would agree that it depends on the person and use of the weapon.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I've got them on 3 or 4 of my guns. Use granular for OWB and rubber for IWB. The granular can rub a raw spot on your skin if you don't have a t-shirt between the gun and your skin. I've seen no sign of any of them coming loose.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Just to add another question about grips, does anyone have any experience with Tractiongrips and see they are cheaper and a different material.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Just to add another question about grips, does anyone have any experience with Tractiongrips and see they are cheaper and a different material.

The traction grips just stick on where the Talon grip actually wraps around the handgun grip. From my experience, the Talon stays put a lot better. Whichever route you go, make sure you clean the handgun grip with alcohol so there is no oil residue etc.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Rubber set on my G23 and my Shield. Love them. My G23 has the RTF2 grip and it would tear me up if I didn't have an undershirt on and it always grabbed my shirts. After a while my hand would get uncomfortable shooting as well. Went with the rubber grips on my Shield first sin e I felt the frame was too slick. Fell in love so it made sense to do it on the Glock.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    As mentioned above I like the rubber on carry guns and the granular on range guns. I had the granular on my Shield for a while, but when I carried IWB it would catch my shirt when I moved.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I have the rubber set on my FS M&P. The fit was pretty good. After a month or so of EDC the sweat finally got under one corner and let it slide while I shot. I cleaned the grip real well before I attached them.

They are still nice grips, but I had to remove the back half when I got CT grips. Have yet to decide if I want to get another set for the laser.

Top Bottom