Tactical Response at it again. Dangerous and Unprofessional ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I have to wait for the loud noises to stop. Then wait an appropriate amount of time before re-emerging to cast scorn and insults at my team mates and complaints to my superiors.

That loud noise just might be a " Backup Alarm " my friend.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Yeager's 2nd reason for dropping your gun in a training class is true, necessary and often over looked.

When the cops show up (other than with witty Gifs) drop the gun, it is not time to talk, don't re-holster, just drop it. It is unnatural to drop a gun without hesitation, that is why it should be practiced.

If I pull out my Rosco, its not to threaten or intimate anyone. The show will be long over one way or another before Johnny Law arrives on the seen.
    Rosco will be back safely in his horsehide home or laying on the ground next to me when Johnny walks up to me.

Giving up Rosco just goes against everything I was every taught..
    If the show is over, maybe... But to practice it, no way...

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Am I the only one that finds it not disturbing that Yeager js allowed to be a public voice for the gun culture in this country the man is an embarrassment.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Am I the only one that finds it not disturbing that Yeager js allowed to be a public voice for the gun culture in this country the man is an embarrassment.

He's only a " voice " to a small crowd.. Everyone else just points and laughs at him.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Haters are most definitely hating. James Yeager has some very good points in his video, if you can listen to it without judging.

Carry guns get scratches, and if you honestly want a fancy pristine gun, why are you using that gun to learn how to fight with it? It's plain as that.

Did Tim **** up? Yeah. Is he going to be chastised for this for quite some time to come? You bet. Was he in the wrong for doing what he did? I honestly don't think so if he was trying to prove that guns are a tool for a purpose, and as such, they will inherently get a little beat on.

That said, I'm not going to abandon tactical response as a school from which I can learn something.

James is on point about the gun culture/gun community ****ing up the case for any external training companies coming in. How many ranges won't even let people draw from a holster? How many don't allow rapid fire? Think about it. This is only fueling that fire.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Haters are most definitely hating. James Yeager has some very good points in his video, if you can listen to it without judging.

Carry guns get scratches, and if you honestly want a fancy pristine gun, why are you using that gun to learn how to fight with it? It's plain as that.

Did Tim **** up? Yeah. Is he going to be chastised for this for quite some time to come? You bet. Was he in the wrong for doing what he did? I honestly don't think so if he was trying to prove that guns are a tool for a purpose, and as such, they will inherently get a little beat on.

That said, I'm not going to abandon tactical response as a school from which I can learn something.

James is on point about the gun culture/gun community ****ing up the case for any external training companies coming in. How many ranges won't even let people draw from a holster? How many don't allow rapid fire? Think about it. This is only fueling that fire.

Be more than James, its easy, go to college and join the branch of the service you love, or go to college and become a LEO for more than a year or two..and if you don't get fired a few times. With just that you will easily exceed james yeager.
    You money would be much better spent at a more reputable school. JMHO

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Allowed?
    Anyone is allowed to make videos and become a public voice for whatever culture you want.

You can start your own YT channel and be that voice if you wanted. :dunno:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    If I pull out my Rosco, its not to threaten or intimate anyone. The show will be long over one way or another before Johnny Law arrives on the seen.
    Rosco will be back safely in his horsehide home or laying on the ground next to me when Johnny walks up to me.

Giving up Rosco just goes against everything I was every taught..
    If the show is over, maybe... But to practice it, no way...
    Not pulling your gun to get intimate with someone is a good idea, because if you did do that, they call that rape!

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Allowed?
    Anyone is allowed to make videos and become a public voice for whatever culture you want.

You can start your own YT channel and be that voice if you wanted. :dunno:

I believe he is using " allowed " in the context of, why does the gun culture tolerate folks like james yeager..

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I tried watching that video but it was just some Chinese monk looking douchebag that talked through the whole thing.
    Is that what it suppose to be? :dunno:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Would I pay money to train win TR? Nope

Would I train with TR if it was free? Nope

Would I train with TR if someone paid me? Nope

would I have trained with TR before the ND happened? Nope

Would I train with TR after the ND happened? Nope, Nope and uh Nope.

I don't like the training style! For those that do its your choice.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies

That is an exceptionally reasonable position to take.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

You just proved James Yeager right.

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    This is a serious question and one much bigger than Yeager or Tactical Response.

Would you refuse to train with an instructor who did something stupid and had an ND? I wouldnt challenge you if you did. But it would rule out a lot of quality training. Travis Haley had one on video. Even Col Cooper had an ND in his office!

Ive never had an ND in over 30 years of shooting but in the same breath, id say that every time i handle a gun the potential is there and i need to handle it with that thought in mind. I do believe it can happen to anyone.

Top Bottom