Tactical Response at it again. Dangerous and Unprofessional ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    I know you weren't asking me but in his book, Seal Team Six, memoirs of a seal sniper, he speaks of delta having a ND in the hangar in the airport. The dude got sent home

Thanks I should have referenced the book in my post. http://www.amazon.com/SEAL-Team-Six-Memoirs-Sniper/dp/1250006953

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Negligent discharges are never free. The cost could range from a new pair of underwear to a casket.

The Delta operator was sent home from Mogadishu before he was able to partake in a mission he had been training for his entire adult life. He had to leave his brothers, to fight with out him. Four Delta guys died and two of the killed were awarded the Medal of Honor. I would say he paid a high cost for his ND, but that is the standards of that Unit.

People while "cleaning their gun" and shooting someone not only costs for the person shot and their family, but it is a cost on all gun owners. ND's should be a concern for all, and gives the anti-gun movement legitimate talking points to impede 2nd amendment rights.

Now we have a moron throw his gun on the ground (should be relatively safe with a modern firearm) then stomp or kick the pistol (not safe). So far the cost to instructor stompy stomp appears to be harsh talk from JY. A small cost will be paid by the training industry and gun owner's.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    "I you won't scratch your gun willingly you will not survive a gun fight anyhow and we don't want you to train with us.........."

Who can argue with that logic? :dunno:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    A few things...

1. "Quit being mean to me." :lmfao:

2. "I don't owe an explanation to anyone." Really? Your actions, and the actions of your staff casts a bad light on everyone. So, yes, you do owe an explanation.

3. Issued a wooden gun? Wow, that will teach him and everyone else to be responsible!

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    "I you won't scratch your gun willingly you will not survive a gun fight anyhow and we don't want you to train with us.........."

Who can argue with that logic? :dunno:

You actually watched the video ??

Look into my avatar and count to 17, and then and only then you will see my " Shocked " face..

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm not even gonna watch it. I'm over this whole stupid Yeager thing. I'll just go check out Reid Henrich over at Valor Ridge and see what controversy he's (not) involved in.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    @ 4:27, does he really say, "We do it all the time...." then proceed to explain what happened?

Now, I know not everyone is careful with language, and I don't want to rush to the shallow ditch of judgment, but does that mean this stepping-on-a-loaded-gun is something they do all the time?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    @ 4:27, does he really say, "We do it all the time...." then proceed to explain what happened?

Now, I know not everyone is careful with language, and I don't want to rush to the shallow ditch of judgment, but does that mean this stepping-on-a-loaded-gun is something they do all the time?

Shallow ditch of judgment.... Brilliant!

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Nope **** Yeager and TR after this **** show, guns are tools and should be taken care of as such and last time I checked you do not intentionally drop a tool that could save your life on the ground much less step on it afterwards.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Nope **** Yeager and TR after this **** show, guns are tools and should be taken care of as such and last time I checked you do not intentionally drop a tool that could save your life on the ground much less step on it afterwards.

But, but, but, they do it all the time!

56 million rounds and only one negligent discharge - THAT HE WILL ADMIT TO!

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I think it is important to note that, as described, the instructor was using his foot to turn the loaded gun on the ground TOWARD a berm. The truck happened to be in the way.

Totally the truck's fault.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Did he teach you how to shoot your gun by stomping on it?

No, he did not. Something I have been thinking about lately is what he taught me about putting up with a little ***** running their mouth.

During Fighting Rifle, there was one younger student who was "that guy". The kid kept trying to be funny by making snide comments to or about Tim. I do not know what the deal was, other than that the kid was an alumni and had some special geeky, awkward fixation on Tim. The kid just kept at Tim both days, constantly underfoot with what the kid obviously thought were clever comments. I was impressed with the way that Tim dealt with the distraction to the class and how he showed remarkable patience with the snarky little bastard.

At the time, I wrote it off as Tim having a job and some jobs require a certain amount of **** to be put up with from paying customers. Later I came to suspect that the instructors felt sorry for the kid who probably has some self image problems and was trying to somehow establish credibility by endlessly talking ****.

Top Bottom