• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I thought they shut down, are they back in business?
    Bucky Balls was shut down because some kid ate on and dies because his parents thought they were toys and not rare earth magnets that can stick together through a wall. Despite that they were marked clearly, they still ignored that and then sued the company out of business. Glad I still have mine.

Think Geek has been around a while now without closure/

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Ingested magnets are fine if one, bad if two or other metal. I always feared that with Bucky balls and never bought any. Must have been a different tech site that closed down.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    I thought a tactical tie was a clip on. Great choke point with the traditional ties.

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    I thought a tactical tie was a clip on. Great choke point with the traditional ties.

The issue with clip-on's is they can be removed so easily. Do you want your gear to fall off? OH.. I just had an idea, have Velcro in the back of the tie. That way it still holds securely but won't be a choke point during an attack! :)

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I have multicolored ones, cubes in multicolors and a few of the BIG cubes and balls (get out the childish humor). I love Bucky Balls and hate that one freaking kids and stupid parents could ruin it for everyone. They were ADULT toys and said so on the label ad if the ADULT gave them to the kid, Bucky Balls should have been able to sue THEM rather than what happened.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I never bought them because I knew my kids wouldn't leave them alone. I do have a few rare earth small ones on a shelf in the garage though. Two are holding my license plate on with two washers :):

Top Bottom