• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chilly2477

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Also wanting to put a tactical light on my mosserg maverick 12 gauge, anybody else have one they did the same thing with?:draw:

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I have a streamlight TLR-1S on my 870. Got it from amazon for about $100, got the mount and the coiled-cord pressure pad with it too (I can't remember what all the extras costed). It has held up fine for several hundred rounds of assorted loads.

bowtie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    South Bend
    Op you have to understand that a light has to handle the recoil of a 12 gauge. The PP mentioned a light for a 7.62 and a 00 buckshot will have a much larger recoil then that. For the money the TLR-1 or s if you want the strobe cannot be beat

LionsFan1911Man

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2012
    Anybody have pics of these assemblies you're describing? I have been thinking of doing it myself. I would love to see pics of your various setups :)

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I have and carry a "spiderfire" light which is a Chinese Surefire LED knockoff that runs on 2 CR123 batteries. It's a great EDC light for about $17 and I have a few. It is just as bright as a Surefire 6p and holds up to drops on concrete and being completely submerged.

With that said, I mounted one on my 870 and it lasted 2 shots and blew on the third. If you need a flashlight, some of the cheap(er) ones are ok. If you need a reliable weapon light, spend the money on a good one.

Top Bottom