Tac light/laser for hd handgun - any recommendations?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RiverratMike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2013
    Lewiston
    X5L.......Yeah but
    It has a powerful green bean and a bright light and both of these flash or not. I had one for 5 months and they are great performers except they aren't reliable. Mine was in the shop twice in the first few months and these problems were fixed (so far) but if the laser lens gets a little oil on it the beam is so diffuse it won't work. You have to take a few minutes and carefully wipe it off. It hasn't happened to me yet but others on the forums complain about short battery life. But I don't trust really good or bad reviews either. I suggest you check for yourself.

I love Crimson Trace but they only have one model that's green. I can't see why a company that makes such a good product line otherwise is so behind the times.

I have had a TLR-2 on my XDm-45 about 5 years now and it has never failed me. Trouble is if you have shot a good green beam laser you don't want anything else. Mainly the advantage is that they are much more visible in the daytime.

RiverratMike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2013
    Lewiston
    X5L.......Yeah but
    It has a powerful green beam and a bright light and both of these flash or not. I had one for 5 months and they are great performers except they aren't reliable. Mine was in the shop twice in the first few months and these problems were fixed (so far) but if the laser lens gets a little oil on it the beam is so diffuse it won't work. You have to take a few minutes and carefully wipe it off. It hasn't happened to me yet but others on the forums complain about short battery life. But I don't trust really good or bad reviews either. I suggest you check for yourself.

I love Crimson Trace but they only have one model that's green. I can't see why a company that makes such a good product line otherwise is so behind the times.

I have had a TLR-2 on my XDm-45 about 5 years now and it has never failed me. Trouble is if you have shot a good green beam laser you don't want anything else. Mainly the advantage is that they are much more visible in the daytime.

Top Bottom