• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    I just bought a pro hunter pistol in 308 for coyote hunting, does anybody here hunt with this combo,how has it worked out for you,or what do you use on yotes with this pistol, what caliber? I was thinking about .44 mag,does it go out to 100 yards for yotes? Who uses scopes and who uses iron sights, and how does it work out for you? I really appreciate your ideas and input its a excellent gathering place to get ideas.:cool:

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    144   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I have taken coyotes with a Contender pistol before. I used my 14" 6.5 JDJ, 2x Leupold scoped, 120 Nosler BT. I have not taken shots at running coyotes, but as long as you keep the power low in the scope to keep your field of view wide it could be done. I usually take them during deer season as the opportunity presents itself. If you are not concerned with the hides 44 Mag is great out to 100 yards, same with the 308, it maybe a litlle rough unless you use a tougher bullet that doesn't expand as readily on coyotes. If you are definitely wanting to pursue them with a pistol, I would keep and eye out for a 223 or 22-250 barrel. They pop up for $175-$200 dollars pretty regularly on some of the T/C focused forums.

Top Bottom